Likes Likes:  4

Thread: New Marathon field watch

New Marathon field watch

I noticed Marathon has a new watch for sale on their website--GPQ (General Purpose Quartz watch) in steel.

(Picture by Marathon)

I own hand wound version of this watch. It took me some time to pull the trigger due to unusual case design and 16mm lug width. I have to say that I'm very happy with the watch.
    $360 price sticker for the quartz version make it very attractive offering.
    My Seiko Turtle purchase seems to be in jeopardy...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

2. Likes sefrcoko, Broker, is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I like it. But I think I like the all black versions of that watch better. I will own one eventually but it's not currently on my short list. I have a JSAR that I wear pretty regularly.

It looks like the lugs kind of flip upwards. Can you verify that's the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I like it. But I think I like the all black versions of that watch better. I will own one eventually but it's not currently on my short list. I have a JSAR that I wear pretty regularly.

It looks like the lugs kind of flip upwards. Can you verify that's the case?
    I think it's just optical illusion.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    thats funny and strange looking down on it looks like a standard case but from those other shots wow complete not what I was expecting but cool non the less and it's very nice
    very shiny too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Yes, very interesting case. I like it. I have a thing for Marathon too though.

Yes different in a fun way could see me wearing one .. yes like the dial too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1