Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of the Production models of the Bremont Boeing

Pictures of the Production models of the Bremont Boeing

The Bremont Boeing models have been some of the most eagerly awaited watches of 2014. Today a Model 1/WH (white dial, three hand) and a Model 247/BK (black dial chronograph) arrived at Topper Fine Jewelers.

Each of the enthusiasts who had pre-ordered the piece were kind enough to let us take a few pictures of their new watches before taking them home. We were glad to have the opportunity. While most watches do not need to photographed if identical to the prototype, our previous looks at the Bremont Boeing samples could not address the question many have found most intriguing about the piece. What will the actual steel look like?

The steel in the Boeing models represents a technological leap for Bremont. Instead of using 316L steel which has undergone a hardening process to essentially give it a hardened outer shell, the Boeing models feature a custom alloy called 465®. This alloy was developed for Boeing by AMRC, Boeing's research college in Sheffield, England, who are tasked to look for efficient ways to solve problems in aviation. 465® is lighter, harder, and stronger than the stainless steel typically used by most high-end watch manufacturers. Though 465® looks slightly lighter in color, the case finish retains the signature finish detail of the main Bremont Line. As to the weight, its also significantly lighter than it looks. The person who purchased the chronograph told me he thought he was wearing the titanium model which is due out next year. Below are actual photos of the two new production watches.

A look at the brushed finish of the lug of a Bremont MBIII that has undergone Bremont's signature hardening process.

A similar picture of the lug of a Bremont Boeing 247/BK.

The Boeing lug system is new for Bremont. While it uses curved bars like the core collection, it uses a hex screw system for retention instead of actual spring bars.

The “Seattle” (organic polymer) fabric strap attached to the watch.

A look at both ends of the strap changing tool for Bremont Boeing models.

A look at the production Boeing Model 1/WH.

A top dial view of the Bremont Boeing Model 1/WH.

A bottom dial view of the Bremont Boeing Model 1/WH.

The caseback of the Bremont Boeing Model 1.

Close up of the caseback of the Bremont Boeing Model 1.

Another close up of the caseback of the Bremont Boeing Model 1.

The Boeing Model 247 in black.

The Boeing Model 247 in black.

The upper dial of the Boeing Model 247 in black.

The lower dial of the Boeing Model 247 in black.

The chronograph pushers of the Boeing 247 in black.

The caseback of the Boeing Model 247.

Another view of the caseback of the Boeing Model 247.

Another view of the caseback of the Boeing Model 247.

A lume shot of the Boeing Model 247. The subdials are not lumed. The lume signature is the same on the model 1

2. Likes Seriously, Richard, tribe125 liked this post
    I want to like it/them; but I just can't get past that wonky date window
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

To me, these look like a real return to form for Bremont. Following the Wright Flyer nonsense, it's great to see Bremont producing some excellent pieces.

Also, fantastic pictures.

Pretty nice, although the 'lump' on the two-hander takes a bit of accommodating.

There is a lot to like about these new models from Bremont; the perfectly proportioned arabics, the nicely scaled hands which are bang on the right size for the dial, the slim bezel and the "strap changing made easy" lugs.

However a tool watch such as this should, IMHO, have a solid caseback (as gorgeous as that rotor is), but the badly placed date window is a total deal breaker for me.
    Stephen

Love the white dialed version.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

No doubt it's a fantastic watch. It was on my list but not anymore because of the date window.

Meh. Both are nice, neither is exemplary by any stretch.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Hmmm,...no

The cancerous growth on the side, doesn't look unique...just looks wrong.

I wore the prototype back in April and the design is just cool. I like 4:30 dates since they don't mess with the markers and watches for me need a date function. I think these are the best Bremont so far.

As soon as the other watch I have ordered comes in the Model 1 in white is next.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!