Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salt

Salt

Perusing some of the cooking threads, I see you all using quite a few different salts, so I thought I would give you a site where I buy some of my salts.

www.saltworks.us

One of my favorites for a finishing salt is the Fumee Dr Sel. Sea salt smoked with oak from chardonnay barrels. Wind e evil on baked potatoes.

If you live in an urban area you might find their products in upper end grocery or gourmet store.

2. Likes CanadianStraps, Hayseed Brown liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    Perusing some of the cooking threads, I see you all using quite a few different salts, so I thought I would give you a site where I buy some of my salts.

www.saltworks.us

One of my favorites for a finishing salt is the Fumee Dr Sel. Sea salt smoked with oak from chardonnay barrels. Wind e evil on baked potatoes.

If you live in an urban area you might find their products in upper end grocery or gourmet store.
    Okay, I just spent far too much time there. I love salt.

Jeannie

4. Likes T Bone liked this post
    Love salt as well. My parents have a place at the beach on the Mediterranean cost in Port Canargue near the fortified city of Aigues Mortes famous for his "ramparts"protective walls surrounding the city, which was key to its inhabitants during the crusades. Well it's also known for its salt, sea salt, the company is called Les Salins du midi. It's pretty cool to see and you can even see the mountains of salt driving by outside the fortified city. Not far is also the Caves de Listel where I love to buy their rosé wine Gris de Gris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    JLC - Rolex - Tudor - Weiss - Sinn - Omega - Breitling - Bathys - Swatch - G-Shock
    but it changes often

Instagram: @Jeep99Dad

6. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99Dad View Post
    Love salt as well. My parents have a place at the beach on the Mediterranean cost in Port Canargue near the fortified city of Aigues Mortes famous for his "ramparts"protective walls surrounding the city, which was key to its inhabitants during the crusades. Well it's also known for its salt, sea salt, the company is called Les Salins du midi. It's pretty cool to see and you can even see the mountains of salt driving by outside the fortified city. Not far is also the Caves de Listel where I love to buy their rosé wine Gris de Gris.

Which airport am I flying into?

8. Likes Jeep99Dad liked this post
    Ah ah. Closest is Montpellier then Marseilles. Nimes is close but small.

JLC - Rolex - Tudor - Weiss - Sinn - Omega - Breitling - Bathys - Swatch - G-Shock
    but it changes often

You can visit the Salins
    http://www.visitesalinsdecamargue.com/en/

but it changes often

11. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    lost in translation birdynamnam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99Dad View Post

I know this beautiful place Brice as Listel gris de gris (le vin des sables)

A watch & salt to illustrate the thread
    "chirp, chirp"

13. Likes Jeep99Dad, boatme99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by birdynamnam View Post
    I know this beautiful place Brice as Listel gris de gris (le vin des sables)

A watch & salt to illustrate the thread
    Love that wine on hot summer days. I used to live there (in Port Camargue and Montpellier) before I expat'd to the US

but it changes often

15. Likes birdynamnam liked this post
    Posting this is going to do bad things to my checkbook....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

17. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Love smoked salt! I use the chardonnay barrel stuff regularly.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

19. Likes boatme99 liked this post