Likes Likes:  633
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Pen People here?

Turned up. Very quick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    In the dirt cheap department, I have had good luck with the Hero 329 and the Jinhao 51a. The Amazon Basic fountain pen has also been solid at $9.99 in the US. Half a step up, I really like the Platinum Prefounte — it seems like it would just be a glorified Preppy, but it just feels more substantial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have had several of the Hero and Jinhao pens that worked well after thorough cleaning and some tweaking. Not bad for the price. But given how their quality control can get low in terms of contaminants such as lead and chrome in other products, I have favored Japanese such as Pilot and Platinum. Their quality is more consistent as well.

Dan

4. Likes Dan R liked this post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    I wonder what they mean by "bent" nib. I have never heard that before! The only thing I might not like is that it could be too light. I prefer pens with a little heft in them. But it is attractive in a frosted black, minimalist way!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    I wonder what they mean by "bent" nib. I have never heard that before! The only thing I might not like is that it could be too light. I prefer pens with a little heft in them. But it is attractive in a frosted black, minimalist way!

Dan
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  61.9 KB

calligraphy. Not sure whether just for chinese writing. Guessing the extra fine are very thin , for chinese writing.

8. Likes Dan R liked this post

Blog Entries
    Just took delivery of a Machine Era Markup in brass. It is an odd Pen, but I like it so far. It's dainty, and smooth. Reminds me of a Parker Jotter, so not great if you don't like smooth and tapered pens. (I don't mind.) Weight wise, it's heavier than it looks...which I love. Everything screws together beautifully, except when you "post" the Cap. I'm worried about cross threading it, but it may be an unnecessary worry. It can take a moment to get the Threads to catch. Dunno.

No springs, no real moving parts. Nothing really to break. I love that. The Pocket Clip is rather flimsy feeling, but really I'm never going to clip it to my Pocket. That's where my Knife goes. Though it keeps the pen from rolling away on a table, so that's an advantage over the original version.

We all know how a G2 pen writes. Decent, nothing exciting or terrible.

The Schmidt Fineliner writes really well. I don't have any long term comments.

In the end, I'm totally happy having spent $42.00 on it.

11. Likes Strela167 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Just took delivery of a Machine Era Markup in brass. It is an odd Pen, but I like it so far. It's dainty, and smooth. Reminds me of a Parker Jotter, so not great if you don't like smooth and tapered pens. (I don't mind.) Weight wise, it's heavier than it looks...which I love. Everything screws together beautifully, except when you "post" the Cap. I'm worried about cross threading it, but it may be an unnecessary worry. It can take a moment to get the Threads to catch. Dunno.

No springs, no real moving parts. Nothing really to break. I love that. The Pocket Clip is rather flimsy feeling, but really I'm never going to clip it to my Pocket. That's where my Knife goes. Though it keeps the pen from rolling away on a table, so that's an advantage over the original version.

We all know how a G2 pen writes. Decent, nothing exciting or terrible.

The Schmidt Fineliner writes really well. I don't have any long term comments.

In the end, I'm totally happy having spent $42.00 on it.
    That is pretty nice. I have always had problems with metal sections during the summer. My fingers get sweaty and I have a hard time holding onto it. As you know, you need to get into fountain pens to get line variation. Shame that they have not been able to do that with roller balls. The Italix line sold by Mr. Pen are really good and quite affordable.

Dan

13. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    That is pretty nice. I have always had problems with metal sections during the summer. My fingers get sweaty and I have a hard time holding onto it. As you know, you need to get into fountain pens to get line variation. Shame that they have not been able to do that with roller balls. The Italix line sold by Mr. Pen are really good and quite affordable.

Dan
    I'll have to check those out.

Currently the only fountain Pen I own is a Lamy Safari. (EF Nib) It doesn't get used much anymore as work has gone to electronic charting only now.

Also depending on what building I'm working I'm required to only have the State Issued one piece safety pen. (No sharp parts, digestible if you swallow it, etc.)