Likes Likes:  633
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Pen People here?

Any Pen People here?

I’m not a pen person or a collector and never tried fountain pens, but I do appreciate a proper writing instrument. Here’s some of mine:
    - Montblanc ball point, Christmas present from family
    - Cross Tech 3 multi pen, black/red ink plus pencil
    - Cross ball point, business gift from a company
    - Fischer space pen, for outdoor use

In addition to these I have about half a dozen Parker Jotters scattered in various places; car glove compartment, briefcase, several coat pockets, etc.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.
    Last edited by Fantasio; Dec 5, 2021 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Typo

2. Likes geoffbot, Spooky liked this post
    Lovely little Pentel 7 Excalibur vintage mechanical pencil getting a workout today Name:  20220120_164642.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  34.4 KBName:  20220120_164657.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  47.3 KB

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Likes Spooky, Strela167 liked this post
    I have collected pens for 30 years or so, and have an extensive collection of vintage Waterman, Parker, Conklin, Wahl-Eversharp, and Sheaffer pens - mostly from the 20s and 30s. These were the "Big 5" manufacturers of pens during the so-called "Golden Age" of fountain pens. Earlier I posted a watch picture with a pen in it, but the pen was almost out of view. Here is another picture showing the pen a little better. This is a Waterman sleeve filler from about 1915 with a silver filigree overlay. The watch is a speedy with Panda dial. Name:  Omega Speedy Panda 01.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  74.8 KB

6. Likes Spooky, geoffbot, Strela167, Kronos liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    I have collected pens for 30 years or so, and have an extensive collection of vintage Waterman, Parker, Conklin, Wahl-Eversharp, and Sheaffer pens - mostly from the 20s and 30s. These were the "Big 5" manufacturers of pens during the so-called "Golden Age" of fountain pens. Earlier I posted a watch picture with a pen in it, but the pen was almost out of view. Here is another picture showing the pen a little better. This is a Waterman sleeve filler from about 1915 with a silver filigree overlay. The watch is a speedy with Panda dial. Name:  Omega Speedy Panda 01.jpg
    That is a gorgeous pen and a rather well matched set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Procyon liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    I have been a collector for about the same length of time. I have a number of pens from the 20's (mostly Waterman and Parker). I gravitate more to the 40's through the early 70's -- many Parker 51's, 61's, 75's; Sheaffer PFM's, Triumphs, Snorkel fillers, some Swans, Conway-Stewarts, Pelikans and Montblancs.

I also have many "modern" pens -- 1980's and forward.

While my main passion is fountain pens (notwithstanding my dreadful handwriting and left-handedness), I like writing instruments of all kinds -- pencils, rollerballs, fiber-tipped markers, traditional ballpoints and more.

10. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    Lovely little Pentel 7 Excalibur vintage mechanical pencil getting a workout today Name:  20220120_164642.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  34.4 KBName:  20220120_164657.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  47.3 KB

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I have a few Pentel Excaliber rollerballs. Difficult to find them today.

12. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries
    A few new pens arrived in the last few days: A white TWISBI Eco; a cyan blue (limited color) Kaweco Sport fountain pen; a Papermate 98 circa 1970; a 1980's Sheaffer Triumph ballpoint in brushed chrome with a "reminder clip"; and a Caran D'Ache 849 rollerball (with Caran D'Ache's new proprietary rollerball refill).

I may post more about several of these pens. No photos at the moment, unfortunately, Tapatalk is not working to upload them.

14. Likes Strela167, Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries

Cleaning day!

She still writes amazingly.

16. Likes Kronos, Strela167 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post

Cleaning day!

She still writes amazingly.

I try to keep pens clean and well rinsed, but removing the piston or plunger seems to be above my pay grade.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    I try to keep pens clean and well rinsed, but removing the piston or plunger seems to be above my pay grade.

This one wasn’t bad, and I have to laugh at all the how to videos just assuming we own a TWSBI Eco and happen to have the supplied wrench that comes with them. (We have two of them as it happens. )

I’m scared of messing up the Nib, so I left the grip section assembled and just ran distilled water through it. The plunger and rod got a drip of the oil that came with the TWSBI pens. Refilled with ink and it seems to be working as intended.

19. Likes Strela167 liked this post