Likes Likes:  460
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Wednesday - 17 December 2014 »»»»»»»»»

  1. #1

    ««««««««« WRUW - Wednesday - 17 December 2014 »»»»»»»»»

    Good morning.
    Sorry if this is going to sound pretentious, but I have to quote myself, from another thread:

    http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...3099#post33099

    I'm pretty sure I'm going to be banned ( ) but I have to be honest: I have nothing planned for 2015 (1).I intend to keep the"collection" without further additions, unless something really - and I insist - really irrecusable (2)shows up.

    1 True

    2. And guess what? It happened. Yesterday.

    A phone call from my watchmaker usually means trouble. There was an Omega flightmaster in good condition, waiting for me. Would I like to take a look? It still needed a small adjustement (12h chrono hand) but…

    Well, and here it is: an original (1973) flightmaster (ST145.036) with the 911 movement (basically a Speedmaster 861 movement with the12h GMT hand complication) already on my wrist. The watch is almost a monster (or just exotic for its friends) but it seems reasonably comfortable. Enough talk. A few quick pics showing what I’m wearing today:

    PC160003.JPG


    Omega flightmaster_2.JPG

    PC160014.JPG

    PC1Cópia.JPG

    Have a great day.
    Last edited by CFR; Dec 17, 2014 at 03:10 AM. Reason: add mov. pic

  2. #2
    Congrats, C! Great addition to your Omega collection!

    Meanwhile, on my wrist tomorrow...


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    Congrats, C! Great addition to your Omega collection!

    Thank you, Jim. Although I have to admit that this watch looks a little bit crazy?!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Thank you, Jim. Although I have to admit that this watch looks a little bit crazy?!
    Looks very cool awesome condition too.

  5. Likes CFR liked this post
  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Looks very cool awesome condition too.
    Thank you very much!

  7. #6
    Happily unadjusted 😜 popoki nui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Vancouver Island.
    Posts
    4,383
    Absolutely beautiful, C! I wish we had the drool emoticon here, but we don't, so will have to do. Enjoy!

    ~Sherry.


    Edit: oops....OM for me for Wednesday.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Dec 17, 2014 at 06:59 AM.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen



    Like IWL on Facebook!


  8. Likes CFR liked this post
  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Good morning.
    Sorry if this is going to sound pretentious, but I have to quote myself, from another thread:

    http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...3099#post33099

    I'm pretty sure I'm going to be banned ( ) but I have to be honest: I have nothing planned for 2015 (1).I intend to keep the"collection" without further additions, unless something really - and I insist - really irrecusable (2)shows up.

    1 True

    2. And guess what? It happened. Yesterday.

    A phone call from my watchmaker usually means trouble. There was an Omega flightmaster in good condition, waiting for me. Would I like to take a look? It still needed a small adjustement (12h chrono hand) but…

    Well, and here it is: an original (1973) flightmaster (ST145.036) with the 911 movement (basically a Speedmaster 861 movement with the12h GMT hand complication) already on my wrist. The watch is almost a monster (or just exotic for its friends) but it seems reasonably comfortable. Enough talk. A few quick pics showing what I’m wearing today:

    PC160003.JPG


    PC160014.JPG

    PC1Cópia.JPG

    Have a great day.
    just a wonderful watch C just love it

    ps C we could use a separate thread devoted to this watch family - a completely gratuitious one if necessary -- please!!
    Last edited by shameless; Dec 17, 2014 at 01:01 AM.

  10. Likes JAGtime, CFR, DM71 liked this post
  11. #8
    Bone Collector Bwana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Deep in the Timber
    Posts
    1,817

  12. #9
    C,

    Congratulations on your new acquisition!

    Now, back to the more mundane. Have a great Wednesday!



    Jane


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #10
    Happily unadjusted 😜 popoki nui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Vancouver Island.
    Posts
    4,383
    Nothing "mundane" about these, Jane. Beautiful watches in their own right!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    C,

    Congratulations on your new acquisition!

    Now, back to the more mundane. Have a great Wednesday!



    Jane


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen



    Like IWL on Facebook!


  14. Likes JAGtime liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us