Likes Likes:  544
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Thursday - 22 September 2016 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Nice C love it .I don't believe I've ever seen you post this BEAUTY..Drool fest for sure....
    Thanks, William.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    Attachment 52936arrived today -early 80's Seiko 7a38 -7000 - terrific watch -forerunner of quartz chronos -love it Attachment 52931Attachment 52932

WHOA Peter I like that...
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

3. Likes iyonk, shameless, is that my watch liked this post
    Bathysphere 100 GMT

Cheers,

Chris

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    GA-1000 for the early morning (including walking the puppy).

Switched to a new acquisition -- Aevig Corvid MK2. Pretty nice, inexpensive "grab and go" quartz field watch with a bit of flair. As a lefty who wears my watches on the right wrist, I love the lefty crown!

Sad day today.
    Wearing the old Timex in remembrance of my Grandpa. Last night me & my entire family were @ his bedside when he passed away.. He lived a healthy, full life. He would of turned 98 this Tuesday.
    I can't imagine the things he's seen in his lifetime, its amazing @ 97yrs old .Died of old age just the way he wanted to w/ all of us by his side, in his bed not in a hospital,no disease just passed away peacefully in his sleep.I think he was just waiting for the Priest to arrive to read him his last rights as he's a devout Catholic & as the priest was talking he slipped away to a better place.
    Thank you ALL for letting me.. I don't wanna say vent, but to share w/ you

RIP Grandpa, this 1's for you....

On a Vintage Speidel adjustable lug mesh bracelet

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Sad day today.
    Wearing the old Timex in remembrance of my Grandpa. Last night me & my entire family were @ his bedside when he passed away.. He lived a healthy, full life. He would of turned 98 this Tuesday.
    I can't imagine the things he's seen in his lifetime, its amazing @ 97yrs old .Died of old age just the way he wanted to w/ all of us by his side, in his bed not in a hospital,no disease just passed away peacefully in his sleep.I think he was just waiting for the Priest to arrive to read him his last rights as he's a devout Catholic & as the priest was talking he slipped away to a better place.

Very sorry for your loss William! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family today.

That is really amazing regarding your Grandpa...what a blessing to live a full, healthy life and pass on simply due to old age. I think that many, many people (including me) hope to be able to do that. Thanks for sharing my friend!
    Cheers,

Chris

8. Likes watchdaddy1, deCompression liked this post
    Deep condolence to you William.. by reading your story.. i do amazed that someone could live such a long age and leaving to the better place in such an awesome way... i wish when my time come, i would leave like exactly the same way as his..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

10. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    William, deepest sympathies for you and your families loss. I went through this with my 95 year old father at the end of May. Even when they live a full and great life, the loss is painful. I hope his memories comfort you for the decades to come in your life.

All my best,

Rod
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

12. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    So sorry for your loss, William. Please accept my deepest condolences.

And thank you for sharing. This place has become a bit more than just a watch forum, for many of us.

Sad day today.

My condolences, but you should try to celebrate his long and varied life rather than dwell on the inevitable fate of us all.

15. Likes watchdaddy1, CFR, iyonk liked this post