Likes Likes:  10

Thread: **** Jumper Starters kits - Have you got one ? ****

Threaded View

**** Jumper Starters kits - Have you got one ? ****

Well this thread comes about after something that happen the other day my parents had taken my aunt to the cemetery
    and while there the car stop working so I have to go over and I can turn my hand to most things but car engines I can understand
    the principle and that but it getting a lot more complicated with the systems getting more digital shall we say.

so any way did the usually thing of checking for loose connections/fuel tank was not empty and all that but sounded battery based ..

mind you this seems to happen once or twice a year it will just not start..I remember three occasions off the top of my head
    once it started on it own about an hour later the other two time had to have recovery come and they jump started both times
    the thing is will get the battery checked now but battery is not that old..

but my thought and reason for thread is they have jump started it twice so far when this happens so was thinking of getting
    a jump starter kit that could sit in the boot and be there if need ...

so have you used them bought them, thought about getting one, The one in the pic above seem's a reasonable price
    and has a few add features ..

but have seen a mini jump starter that is the size of a i-phone and suppose to work and can go in the clove box out the way..

what do we think of these ? so is it cost effective as this time we was covered so was free to call them out ..

but was worried as they lock the gates to the cemetery at a set time and was concern the car and me would get locked in for the night
    (watch to many zombie movies/play to many games to enjoy spending a night there ) where I could have fixed it in a couple of minutes
    and been on my way with the starter.. as when the guy turn up he got me to turn it over and then said sounds like the battery and attach the jumps leads
    to the car then front on his bumper and ask me to start it. it turn over first time .

so had to wait about an hour or so for them to do something that took seconds to do ..

yes I know it wont fix all things but least you could try it and if it did not work then call out the recovery guys .. got to be
    cheaper and easy to have one in the car just in case .. whats your take on it ? wastes of money they don't work or great money saver ?

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Sep 22, 2016 at 09:37 AM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Greg liked this post