Likes Likes:  48
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking pics of watches while driving...why?

Taking pics of watches while driving...why?

I don't get it. That's so dangerous. I saw one pic earlier with the speedometer clearly visible at least 40mph on it. Others clearly on highways. Are we so desperate to upload a photo of the watch on our wrist to risk our lives over it? I admit to sneaking one at a stop light before but not while flying down a highway.

Wus has a thread with like 5000 of these pics in it. It scares me to see.

Sent from my blackberry (just kidding!)
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

2. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui, Rdenney, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    I don't get it. That's so dangerous. I saw one pic earlier with the speedometer clearly visible at least 40mph on it. Others clearly on highways. Are we so desperate to upload a photo of the watch on our wrist to risk our lives over it? I admit to sneaking one at a stop light before but not while flying down a highway.

Wus has a thread with like 5000 of these pics in it. It scares me to see.

Sent from my blackberry (just kidding!)
    Yes. And it is not just putting your own life at risk, but putting innocent others at risk, as well.

4. Likes popoki nui, gnuyork liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Not me. I don't even have a smartphone.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

6. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    I don't get it. That's so dangerous, I saw one pic earlier with the speedometer clearly visible at least 40mph on it
    Obviously +1 , anyone doing anything other than concentrating driving, whilst driving, is a complete idiot

PS: I have no idea of what this other place is that you mention ?

Actually I think whoever posted the 40mph one should have been totally slapped down and taken to task on this peculiar forum you talk of... is that what happened ?

Hell no. I've taken my share of pictures in the FedEx parking lot but never while actually driving. Couple years ago they introduced a Distracted Driving law here, which isn't a bad thing even if it is a touch overreaching. Automatic $500 fine. And you still see idiots texting while driving and the like.

I take watch pictures when I'm in my car, but not while I'm driving. Parked in a parking lot, for instance.

10. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    I just clicked through the unmentionable forums thread and while i won't name any names but i saw at least one photo of a prominent member with what looked like 70mph on the speedometer and a highway in the windshield, a number with 20 mph, and a lot of 0 mph ones. I don't know if they were selfies or if they were taking by other passengers but in either cases as a community i think we should consider discouraging "hand on steering wheel" shots categorically
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

I think there ought to be a contest to see who can go the fastest and snap a pix of their watch and the speedo! And it's an automatic disqualification having the passenger take it... just my thoughts....

After reading the above post... I think the bar has been set at 72mph minimum (because we're better than WUS).
    Last edited by Vincent Vega; Dec 17, 2014 at 04:17 PM.
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Yes. And it is not just putting your own life at risk, but putting innocent others at risk, as well.
    +1 It's just an incredibly stupid thing to do (as is talking, and texting). Might as well just put on a blindfold and go driving. Dumb dumb dumb.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

14. Likes Seriously, JAGtime, gnuyork liked this post
    I've also taken pictures behind the wheel but only when stopped at a light or parked. Aside from the danger of taking a picture while looking at your watch while driving there's also the fact that you're probably not going to get a great picture while trying to focus on both.

16. Likes Seriously, JAGtime liked this post