Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue/Green Watches

Blue/Green Watches

Blue and green are the two colors that I generally gravitate to; they are my “favorite” colors. I own a watch with a green dial and a watch with a blue bezel. However, offhand I can’t think of any watches that incorporate both. Do they exist? Show me what you’ve got.

Seiko to the rescue (as usual).....SSC239P1

There's also that new Rolex. Not technically green, but it shows on the regular GV. I presume it's the same deal here.

3. Likes Ryan, bu11itt, Nokie, I-B liked this post
    I had that Milgauss and the colours flop between blue, green and almost black depending in the light and angle. Pretty cool actually.

Blog Entries
    Not a common combination, since blue and green clash. Not a very attractive combination to the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Not a common combination, since blue and green clash. Not a very attractive combination to the eye.
    They're not complimentary colors by definition, but I find them complimentary.

I think that in design they're called symmetrically complimentary colors. I'll Google it.

While I'm at it, here's another image of the Milgauss, which really shows the color combo.

not my preferred combination either -kinda like red and yellowName:  shopping.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  22.8 KB

9. Likes hayday liked this post
    The concept is split complimentary colors. This diagram indicates the three-way split along the color wheel.

Rotating the triangular key clockwise or counter clockwise allows you to find appropriate combinations. So blue, green, and orange appear as split complimentary colors.

Anyway, I think your point is that it's ultimately subjective. And I hear you. I've never understood this brown and ice-blue combo. I find it unattractive and a very odd choice. But I'm sure Rolex gave the platinum Daytona some thought before releasing it.