Likes Likes:  119
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IWL Donate Button

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar

IWL Donate Button

We have added a donation button to the sidebar on the right to help cover site expenses. Below are some questions and answers about why we have done this and what it means.

Is IWL in trouble?

No, we have actually operated at a small loss since inception. The start-up capital from the owners was enough to build the site and keep it running, and we could continue for some time without adding more funds. Fortunately we have a great ISP with affordable rates, and we have technical staff who maintain the site without the need to pay for outside tech support and consulting. So we are not in any sort of financial crisis, but like any business, we want to maintain a reasonable amount of operating capital in the bank

What about ads?

We previously earned a small amount of money from Tapatalk, and this supplement was enough to keep us from digging too deep into our funds. This has been shrinking of late, and TT has notified us that it will end completely soon. Of course we could use Google Ads, VigiLink, or any number of other advertising methods to make more than enough revenue to fund the site. That seems the worst option, though, as we've all become accustomed to our clean, ad-free home. A quick visit to some other watch forums is all the reminder we need that we are very special in this regard, and we intend to keep it this way.

How do I help?

On the sidebar to the right you'll find a donate button that is linked to the IWL PayPal account. Donations can be made here in a set amount of $10 each. We have deliberately kept this amount low as we really don't need a huge injection of cash. These donations will remain private and will only be seen by our treasurer and never shared with other staff or members.

What are these funds used for?

All donations received will be used exclusively for daily operation of the website. This includes expenses such as hosting services, domain registration, software licenses, etc. We have at times discussed such things as creating IWL merchandise for sale and/or gifts, and any efforts along these lines would be funded by the owners, not member donations.

where about is it could be me being thick but can't see it ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    where about is it could be me being thick but can't see it ?
    +1

very sorry... i've been looking but fail to find the button.. really got to get my eyes fix..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    On the main page, right hand side under new forum posts and blog entries.

7. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Got it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nope still can't see it am on a laptop would this make any differences ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    nope still can't see it am on a laptop would this make any differences ?
    Are you sure you're going to the main page and then scrolling down to the bottom, not the Central home page? I see it on my laptop.

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    yeah found it right side bottom under the tag box was looking right side top
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Discretion, you see.

16. Likes is that my watch, mlcor, CFR, iyonk liked this post