Likes Likes:  107
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Membership?

VIP Membership?

Any plans to introduce a VIP membership scheme whereby we can contribute to the forum's running costs in return for perks such as an increased PM storage capacity and image hosting?

Apologies if this has been asked before.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

2. Likes Chase liked this post
    I'd be down for that for sure.
    And a great way to help recoup some of your overhead without resorting to dreadful ads!

4. Likes jsw41 liked this post
    as a common man I would say that would be a very bad idea it would spit the member right down the middle as in them and us at the minute every one is us haha even the mods have managed to do both they have a good level of respect given to them and they show that same respect in return .. I think if you was to do a cast system it would cause more issue then solve them just a common man's thought on it mate
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes Der Amf, scottjc liked this post
    I need more PM space. Surely you do'too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Tiered membership isn't something we've ever seriously considered for generating revenue. Right now we have no limit on how many pictures a member can upload, and our PM limit is 100. That can be adjusted as we grow if needed, though most don't ever save nearly that many. Now I have seen some sites successfully use a sales forum tiered system where some members pay an additional fee in return for being able to promote a sale out in the forums or in their signature, and I would not necessarily be opposed to that. Sort of a mini-sponsorship that you can buy for a short period of time when you are looking to move some watches. But even that would be way down the road when we are much bigger and our sales area has a lot more activity.

We also don't want to overrun the site with ads, though we do want to partner with sponsors as we grow. Not just anyone who comes along, but vendors who share our vision and bring more to the table than just ads. Content, reviews, forum participation, etc. Thankfully we are already funded for at least a year and can easily grow the site by a factor of 10 without needing to worry about raising capital.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    PM limits adjusted from 100 to 250 for all members with 10 or more posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    I need more PM space. Surely you do'too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed I have had to empty mine alot .. but I could see it causing a split... the idea is sound but could it not be done in a altruistic way of just give to the cause if you had it... for the greater good of all to reap the benefits of the extra features.... as a cross the road the 300 was fine if you see what I mean and maybe get a sticker for your signature as a reward if you so wanted
    Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 18, 2014 at 02:32 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

12. Likes jsw41 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    as a common man I would say that would be a very bad idea it would spit the member right down the middle as in them and us at the minute every one is us haha even the mods have managed to do both they have a good level of respect given to them and they show that same respect in return .. I think if you was to do a cast system it would cause more issue then solve them just a common man's thought on it mate
    I think it's a good idea, we could have a VIP system without a Name:  Purple-star.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  3.0 KBnext to our Avatar. Just additional perks, that are unseen to the community..then no lines are drawn between us and the "commoners"

14. Likes is that my watch, shemp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Tiered membership isn't something we've ever seriously considered for generating revenue. Right now we have no limit on how many pictures a member can upload, and our PM limit is 100. That can be adjusted as we grow if needed, though most don't ever save nearly that many. Now I have seen some sites successfully use a sales forum tiered system where some members pay an additional fee in return for being able to promote a sale out in the forums or in their signature, and I would not necessarily be opposed to that. Sort of a mini-sponsorship that you can buy for a short period of time when you are looking to move some watches. But even that would be way down the road when we are much bigger and our sales area has a lot more activity.

We also don't want to overrun the site with ads, though we do want to partner with sponsors as we grow. Not just anyone who comes along, but vendors who share our vision and bring more to the table than just ads. Content, reviews, forum participation, etc. Thankfully we are already funded for at least a year and can easily grow the site by a factor of 10 without needing to worry about raising capital.
    Thanks, I for one wouldn't want necessarily to have status different to other members but would be prepared to contribute towards the forum, for example by donating a percentage from any watch sales facilitated here.

And thanks for upping the PM limit :-)

16. Likes OTGabe, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post

Rather than ads, if you guys set up a means to provide donations (preferably anonymously), I would be more than happy to contribute.

Obviously, I can't speak for others, but just something to think about...

18. Likes is that my watch, Bwana, jsw41, Teeritz, shemp liked this post