Likes Likes:  107
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Membership?

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    PM limits adjusted from 100 to 250 for all members with 10 or more posts.

spot on perfect number 250 I like thanks wonderful response and help
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    spot on perfect number 250 I like thanks wonderful response and help
    See we didn't get that kind of service over the road, did we?
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

3. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    PM limits adjusted from 100 to 250 for all members with 10 or more posts.
    Shame you can't set it to a rolling (age or time related) auto deletion basis ?...... I've no real interest in saving PM's from however long ago..but if it doesn't impact on resources then no problem anyway.

But thanks for the present .. I'll put it under the tree right now

without resorting to dreadful ads!
    Static ads are fine, it's the in your face/epilepsy inducing ones that wind you up.

Actually I think you should introduce automatic membership to this VIP club to the first 249 IWL registrations (absolutely inclusive) signed up to the site.......

Registration #249

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    See we didn't get that kind of service over the road, did we?
    say that again sorted it before we had much chance to say anything that's how I like it talking good ..... but actions are better haha
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I've seen it done very successfully both with and without a 'star' next to a user name. Also the costs have been typically $20 a year so don't see it splitting anyone. For me extra storage both hosting and PM's are worth it, though I'm happy to hear the bump to 250 now. I like saving messages from sales especially so that's an I portant piece for me.

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Rather than ads, if you guys set up a means to provide donations (preferably anonymously), I would be more than happy to contribute.

Obviously, I can't speak for others, but just something to think about...
    Thanks, Mr. M. Nobody knows what the future holds, but our For Enthusiasts. By Enthusiasts. tagline is not just marketing jargon. We really mean it and it's our guiding vision for the site. So rest assured that you won't wake up one day and find ads blinking, whirring, and popping up all over the site. And hopefully we never get to the point where we need to rely on donations either, but that would certainly be preferable to ruining the user experience with excessive advertising.

9. Likes Seriously, is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    So what you're really saying, Gabe, is no free laptops?

Jeannie

11. Likes is that my watch, Bwana, Der Amf, jsw41 liked this post
    Thanks, Mr. M. Nobody knows what the future holds, but our For Enthusiasts. By Enthusiasts. tagline is not just marketing jargon. We really mean it and it's our guiding vision for the site. So rest assured that you won't wake up one day and find ads blinking, whirring, and popping up all over the site. And hopefully we never get to the point where we need to rely on donations either, but that would certainly be preferable to ruining the user experience with excessive advertising.
    You're free to use ads, and I am free to just ad block. So, that puts us both in awful positions, which can hopefully be avoided.

13. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    So what you're really saying, Gabe, is no free laptops?

Jeannie
    Hey, we haven't reached our 1,000,000th visitor yet...

15. Likes Jeannie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I've seen it done very successfully both with and without a 'star' next to a user name. Also the costs have been typically $20 a year so don't see it splitting anyone. For me extra storage both hosting and PM's are worth it, though I'm happy to hear the bump to 250 now. I like saving messages from sales especially so that's an I portant piece for me.
    you can download your p.m before delete. I was doing that any I wanted to keep I would download them then delete.
    but the 250 is a great help is it not and I suppose it would all be down to how they would do it.
    I suppose but it's glad to know that the status quo is assured for the next year at least
    Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 18, 2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: lol meant download not print haha
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy