Likes Likes:  107
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Membership?

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I've seen it done very successfully both with and without a 'star' next to a user name. Also the costs have been typically $20 a year so don't see it splitting anyone. For me extra storage both hosting and PM's are worth it, though I'm happy to hear the bump to 250 now. I like saving messages from sales especially so that's an I portant piece for me.
    You're thinking entirely of people living in developed countries with disposable income to spare.

I am sure many of our members are from the developing world or are students for whom that sum may be untenable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    So what you're really saying, Gabe, is no free laptops?

Jeannie
    Damn, guess I'm going back to the "dark side" again

Hmmmm, thinking I'm a 'Billy no mates'.... My PM count currently stands at 0
    Probably shouldn't venture any further into this subject !

Can we put our quota up for rent ?
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

4. Likes is that my watch, OTGabe, Der Amf, Ryan, shemp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Probably shouldn't venture any further into this subject !

Can we put our quota up for rent ?
    haha p.m sent out of sympathy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes Bwana, crownpuller, jsw41, Ryan, Broker, shemp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Name:  59.gif
Views: 123
Size:  3.6 KB

8. Likes Bwana, crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    You're thinking entirely of people living in developed countries with disposable income to spare.

I am sure many of our members are from the developing world or are students for whom that sum may be untenable.
    Not to offend anybody or come across as righteous but if $20 is an issue or the difference between eating or not they probably shouldn't be spending it on watches either. Plus it's never mandatory, forums are still free that just typically gets one some of those extra perks like more storage etc.

On the pm downloads I use my iPad almost exclusively nowadays and not sure if I can save CSV or the like on it. I'll have to give that a try, now I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    You're free to use ads, and I am free to just ad block. So, that puts us both in awful positions, which can hopefully be avoided.
    True, which I do on my desktop, but it still affects page load times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Not to offend anybody or come across as righteous but if $20 is an issue or the difference between eating or not they probably shouldn't be spending it on watches either. Plus it's never mandatory, forums are still free that just typically gets one some of those extra perks like more storage etc.

On the pm downloads I use my iPad almost exclusively nowadays and not sure if I can save CSV or the like on it. I'll have to give that a try, now I'm curious.
    think it gives you a choice of formats like text /xml/csv I used text just by choice
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    think it gives you a choice of formats like text /xml/csv I used text just by choice
    I find that CSV is the best format as you can open it in Excel and easily sort by columns or do searches.

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Speaking personally I am touched by your offers of financial support. But frankly what we need from you as much as anything is your participation. Visit, post, write a blog, share your expertise, your pictures, your insights. That gives us what we need most - content. And recommend IWL to your friends in the watch community if you think they'd like it here.
    Our goal is to build and enjoy the kind of watch forum we all can be proud of. And we cannot do that without you.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson