Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heres a tough cookie

Heres a tough cookie

Posted this over at the other forum. Seeing if you guys got anything else.
    Gonna give you some criteria and lets see some suggestions.
    Relatively affordable. Max is around the 5k range new. Dont want that crazy GO or Lange suggestions. Cheaper the better.
    Manual winding.
    Display back.
    Power reserve.
    Bonus if its nicely decorated inside and out.
    Swiss or german. But if its a nice asian i wouldnt say no.

Lets see that brainstorming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

when you say power reserve, I assume you mean you want a power reserve complication displayed on the dial. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by hwa View Post
    when you say power reserve, I assume you mean you want a power reserve complication displayed on the dial. Is that correct?
    Yepp

Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

NEVER say "no" to a nice Asian

About $1,500, manual winding, sapphire front and back, 50Hrs(!) PR with meter, nicely decorated, decently regulated, and a solid silver case (Yes, actual Ag 925)

Royal orient WE0031G. Also available with gold hands/markers and a brown croc strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    NEVER say "no" to a nice Asian

About $1,500, manual winding, sapphire front and back, 50Hrs(!) PR with meter, nicely decorated, decently regulated, and a solid silver case (Yes, actual Ag 925)

Royal orient WE0031G. Also available with gold hands/markers and a brown croc strap.

Is that a jdm? Really nice but so hard to find

Current and Collection:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Is that a jdm? Really nice but so hard to find

Yeah, all Royal Orients are JDM unfortunately. Easily buy-able though. Rakuten, Higuchi, many others...The JDM route's not so bad once you've been down it before

http://www.orient-watch.jp/product/c...category_id=58

7. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Hmm definitely a route to explore. And others? Epos is nice but i dont think they have a handwind power reserve

Current and Collection:

Memorigin makes nice Tourbillion's with complications in your pricerange, most of their models have a PR-meter.....
    Here's the website >>>>>> http://www.memorigin.com/mem_1dot1/m...t.php?lang=eng
    Name:  12301227_52c0e82e973b5.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  66.9 KB
    Name:  20140210_132231.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  139.5 KB
    Name:  aaa.png
Views: 190
Size:  224.3 KB
    Name:  Memorigin-Tourbillon-Watches-23.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  108.4 KB
    Name:  Memorigin-Batman-Tourbillon-watch-2.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  144.2 KB
    Name:  navigator_4.png
Views: 167
Size:  374.3 KB
    Last edited by I-B; Dec 19, 2014 at 06:22 AM. Reason: added pictures

Quote Originally Posted by hwa View Post
    when you say power reserve,

and when you say manual winding, do you mean solely manual winding ?, or would an auto with manual wind option be ok too?
    Would open up a raft of possibilities.

Nomos