Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** retro game station ****

**** retro game station ****

Don't think there are many gamer's on here ? I remember doing one thread on dead island (one of my all time fav game)
    and there was not much responses accept for a couple of rude / unfunny comments that killed the thread.

That was a year or so ago just after we open so maybe might have had a few gamer's have join since well been looking at
    old games what with my pc crashing I have been borrowing a notebook to use for here which seems to work fine.

So have half restored my pc and put on windows ten. but my pc is that old it does not even have an internal internet
    access unless by a dongle which is crashing out the system. So I thought well it can be a game station instead.
    as found some old back up drives from an older version of my pc which I had back up the games on my system at the
    time even to the point of save game play.

As I had a bit of time on my hands I started to see if they would play it seems if I did a full install they still do
    but if I only did a part install (some games gave you a choice to run from computer or run from a disc, full install
    was better but it took up a lot of space on a limited hard driver so most would load the basics on the system then run
    the game play from the disc)

HOUSE OF THE LIVING DEAD :

Was the first I tried as it's a fairly old game and should not have been a big load as 8bit graphics so say 400mb and Yess
    it seems to be working fine well it does in pc mode have not tried it in arcade mode yet..

This game I have played on a lot of formats the first being a arcade machine in a pub I worked in back in the 90's
    through to the dream cast and on to play station and on then to pc the thing is which keep's it popular was they did not
    mess with it to much just re-edited it and away you go ..

A bit of a back story on Sega House of the living dead. it was first release in 1996 and since then there have been
    four follow up games..

The House of the Dead (1996)
    The House of the Dead 2 (1998)
    The House of the Dead III (2002)
    The House of the Dead 4 (2005)
    The House of the Dead 4 Special (2006)

think there was talk of a releasing of a new one in 2016 but not heard any thing on that of late could have missed the
    release.but think it never happen maybe

it also lead on to some spin-of games too...

The Typing of the Dead (1999)
    Zombie Revenge (1999)
    The Pinball of the Dead (2002)
    The Typing of the Dead 2 (2007)
    English of the Dead (2008)
    The House of the Dead EX (2009)
    The House of the Dead: Overkill (2009)
    Sega Golden Gun (2011)
    The Typing of the Dead: Overkill (2013)

some was ok some hmmm well not. but they could not beat the House of the living dead

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I started playing Pong when I was a wee chap. I've been a gamer since the beginning of games. Ran through all Atari games up to today (Xbox). I'm actually about to buy the Xbox One. I've been slow to buy one since I don't play as much as I used to in my older age.

yeah had a few game stations and the like but have always been a p.c gamer at heart it was like playing on the play station dues ex you could not do as much as you could on playing it on the pc ..

I had a hand book I wrote of all the codes / usernames /hints and the like for dues ex so I could go every where and access all systems in the game ...

but love pong had a pack box you could plug in to a tv and play it and pacman and the like
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I don't think I ever heard of the House of the Dead franchise...

Retro games wise I'm pretty far along on Earthbound on the Wii U virtual console though its been a few weeks since I last played.

I've also been playing Superhot on the gaming PC. Its a pretty fun shooter where time only moves when you move. Despite how it sounds its pretty frenetic! Am also thinking of trying out the latest Tomb Raider on the PC.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Blog Entries
    House of the Dead is an arcade staple. If arcades still exist, I bet there's a dual gun House of the Dead machine in each and every one of them.

I'm a bit of a gamer, but I'm basically limited to the Call of Duty franchise (which has looked terrible--Ghosts was the last good one, now it's just a Halo copy), Uncharted, FIFA, and the occasional Telltale or Telltale style game (like Walking Dead, Firewatch, or the high production value and tension filled Heavy Rain). I do find some games outside of those core games that tickle my fancy, though. I just recently picked up the new Lego Star Wars game and I'm looking forward to the second Tomb Raider in the reboot series.

I am planning on buying one of those retro mini Nintendo systems that's coming out.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

7. Likes Blanchy liked this post
    Cut my teeth on an atari 2600 a thousand years ago and have been a gamer ever since. I am a playstation faithful and have had every iteration. Currently own a PS4 but almost never get to play it.

I'm a diehard Metal Gear fan, and have been since the NES original. In my opinion the best video game franchise ever.

I also loved dead island, although I found 2 difficult to get into. In your original thread I would have mentioned my preference for toxic Zed's Demise and the Electric Rifle as my go-go weapons in the original.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    I don't think I ever heard of the House of the Dead franchise...

Retro games wise I'm pretty far along on Earthbound on the Wii U virtual console though its been a few weeks since I last played.

I've also been playing Superhot on the gaming PC. Its a pretty fun shooter where time only moves when you move. Despite how it sounds its pretty frenetic! Am also thinking of trying out the latest Tomb Raider on the PC.
    well big in the 90's as Raza said and I mention in my op it started as a two person option arcade machine with dual play and you used guns and had to shoot off screen to reload which some time you forgot which made it harder taught you to count your shots and place them well as head shots and skill shots was needed spent a small fortune in them on my nights off and my breaks
    found I got the third game too but not tried it yet to see if it will boot up ...

not heard of super hot ?

and got a wii but hardly use it.. so not up on the newer games ..

just checking out rogue trooper another one that about ten years old at a guess.. maybe will do a bit on it later
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Cut my teeth on an atari 2600 a thousand years ago and have been a gamer ever since. I am a playstation faithful and have had every iteration. Currently own a PS4 but almost never get to play it.

I'm a diehard Metal Gear fan, and have been since the NES original. In my opinion the best video game franchise ever.

I also loved dead island, although I found 2 difficult to get into. In your original thread I would have mentioned my preference for toxic Zed's Demise and the Electric Rifle as my go-go weapons in the original.
    yeah mad dead island die hard me must have put hundreds of hours in to the game play. as I loved that there was no order to the game you can do what you want when you want to the point some time you can just go scavenger hunting for the metal chest or just going exploring must have explored every level every where there was things I missed on the first dozen or so run through's
    I did have max out my xp points now so makes it a bit pointless for them but still good looking for the legendary weapons got a few but have never seen some of them yet

but with zed demise it depends what points you get it on as got a Wakizashi sword that is twice as powerful as a zed that I am playing with normal go pride mod on my guns

well got to fix my patches before I can get dead island back up on my pc but got all the game saved started to do that after the 01 version would crash and take them with it so backed up as a rule
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Wow I'd forgotten about Typing of the Dead.
    Mrs wmw and I played a lot of HOTD2 in a local arcade early on in our courtship. I then had it on the Dreamcast and we played a lot of it then too. Happy memories

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Wow I'd forgotten about Typing of the Dead.
    Mrs wmw and I played a lot of HOTD2 in a local arcade early on in our courtship. I then had it on the Dreamcast and we played a lot of it then too. Happy memories

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    yes might try and get all of them well the house off the dead set any way

and I had the dreamcast gun with the vibrate pack grand memory's indeed
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy