Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: **** retro game station ****

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    thought this might have taken off a bit more so lets widening it a bit. so how about company's found a pc game looks like never been opened and got me think looking through the papers with it that most my games come from THQ independent so what was your favourite game company
    well I know why it was ever used the os is not support now or that is what it tell me wont let me load it grrrr but how come older games are playing ok wonder if it is because they was install back at the time the os was supported so it the setup the os is not reading ? any one got any thoughts on this
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico

well not been in a very talkative mood so have been gaming more in my free time .. my retro choice this time was, Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico, most just call it overdose there was plans for a few follow up one's, but it got canned after one more I think.

Heard rumours of a Total overdose: tequila gunrise have heard of it mention in the past never played it thou .So back to the game it was from 2005 so not that long ago so the graphics are fair there's some fun glitches in it in places ..

Very just cause alike but not close enough to get boring but gives you a good start on control knowledge you see also dead island and battle field in the design too ..

What I like it is worth a good bang for your buck, it has 34 challenges and some thing like 18 to 20 main missions . thou these mission need to be done in order but can be done at will (thou if you go near the character who gives them to you to do it will start it whether you want to or not )

like dead island you get free roam over the map too which is cool as you can pick up global points and icons for upgrade this way and you can also do stunts to

so let's see we have a game that does all these games :

car racing
    bike racing
    shoot them up
    stunt cars
    stunt bikes
    a bit of search / puzzle solving

and all in one game plus when you complete it you get to replay what you want in what ever order you want plus even on completions you get to still free roam the map

like the novel idea of using a taxi to get you jumping from one map location to next (thou if you fancy a drive you can drive there yourself ) for quickness ..

so yes as I said like a game that take time to play had one can't remember the name of it bought it in the morning (was not cheap) finished it by the night time fix game play as well ...

so would rate it as a ISMY 7 out of 10

only gripe is when passer by jump in front of your car not away think glitch thou .. (but it has wrecked my high score in the driving part a couple of times )

so well worth a play

oh almost for got has a cool loco icons when collecting these does special features like two guitar cases with machine guns in them desperado style ..

Last edited by is that my watch; Nov 25, 2016 at 04:27 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

3. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    I'm am definitely not a gamer, but I used to casually play video games as a kid. I had one of those pong games, then my grandparents got us kids an Atari for when we came over to visit. Later we got a Coleco Vision console (with Donkey Kong), and after that a Sega system. Somewhere in there my cousins got the original Nintendo. As an adult I bought the Wii system a few years back (more than a few probably). I forget I even have it, and do not play it much. This year I used it once a couple months ago, and I played BlackOps on it. When I was done playing it made me feel bad. Not sure if it was the time I wasted or the fact that I was blasting away with various weapons. Either way it left me feeling down.

This post prompted me to download an Atari emulator for my Mac (Stella). I think those games are still fun, but not for more than a few minutes at a time. One of my favorites from playing when I was a kid at my grandparent's house was called Laser Gates. I just played it now on my emulator. Cool beans.

yeah had most game systems going and probably still in the loft more then likely but I always return to the p.c as my system of choice

just loaded up a few old games ..just cause..blood 2 : chosen ..hard reset...psi-ops.. just to name a few
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I still have my Commodore Amiga with the memory upgrade and triple external disk drive up in the loft along with a U.S. Playstation and U.K. version.
    Might dig them out tomorrow and see if they still work.

7. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Oh forgot, I had a commodore Vic 20 as well. Radar Rat Race anyone?

well lets see got a dream cast. Nintendo 64 the Nintendo cube, the snes ,the Atari , a sega some thing and a couple of others can't remember the name of .. had loads but gave most of them away when moving one time.. had the game boys the sega handheld with the adapter so you could watch t.v . had most systems going at the time they came out ... love playing some of the old games .. but the graphics suck was just playing doom and duke nukem which at one time was cutting edge game play but are dated now and trying to get use to the controls again not easy as most now do the standard wsad now ...

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    spectrum and amstrad to loved wild bunch on a green screen
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    I still have my Commodore Amiga with the memory upgrade and triple external disk drive up in the loft along with a U.S. Playstation and U.K. version.
    Might dig them out tomorrow and see if they still work.
    got a shed load of p.s 2 games still some where been slowly giving them away to a local charity shop when I have been needing the space keep going through them and chopping down the keepers got about 20 or so left had a ton plus at one time
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Might even have my Commodore 64 up there. Don't remember getting rid of it.

Did have a Spectrum with 32k mem installed into a DKTronics keyboard housing but that got binned when it got shorted out on the joystick slot.