Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new Aquaracer 500m Ceramic - WAK2110

Man, that price difference would have convinced me to get the black one as well

I think both color looks great, its more of a personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    Two reasons. I have loads of blue watches. Black is more versatile.

Oh and Black was £400 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    Man, that price difference would have convinced me to get the black one as well

I think both color looks great, its more of a personal preference.
    Sadly the dealer now dropped the blue price making it a tough choice for new buyers
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

Very nice! So close looking to PO!!!
    Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

Quote Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
    Very nice! So close looking to PO!!!
    I prefer it to the PO
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Sadly the dealer now dropped the blue price making it a tough choice for new buyers
    I think you made the right choice (though it is hard to judge watches from photos)

My new Aquaracer 500m Ceramic - WAK2110

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I think you made the right choice (though it is hard to judge watches from photos)
    Plain black goes with more outfits, dresses up better and will age more gracefully I think.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

Plain black goes with more outfits, dresses up better and will age more gracefully I think.
    And in this particular instance I think the blue version looks a bit flat relative to the black version (I felt the same about the Halios Tropik SS, but the opposite about the Chr Ward Trident)
    Last edited by Der Amf; Jan 9, 2015 at 02:49 PM.

Whys there so little love for the version with the grooved bezel.

Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Whys there so little love for the version with the grooved bezel.

That one seems to be trying too hard to me but kudos for trying something new.

I realize this thread is a couple of months old, but I’ve got the same watch and agree that it’s a tremendous value. I’m quite happy to have added one to my small collection. To me however, the bracelet isn’t really a negative. It uses the same pin and collar system used by Omega until recently. Kind of a pain, but once it’s fit you’re good-to-go. I have had the end link “stick” issue on mine only one time. It only seems to happen if you move the bracelet into a very unnatural position and shouldn’t ever occur on the wrist.

There are two issues that I really wish Tag had taken care of. First is the divers extension. I know that very few of us will ever use it, but it just seems cheap in comparison to the rest of the watch and I’ve had trouble with this style extension rattling. Second, my bezel turns way too easy. It’s very hard to describe, but it tends to get inadvertently moved quite a bit. Every time I tighten the crown down, but thumb bumps and turns it. It even turns when I put my hand in my jeans pocket if I’m not careful. Has anyone had the same problem?

Congratulations on your acquisition! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

P.S. There’s a lot of blue in that picture, but the watch really is the black one!
    Ball | Baume et Mercier | Christopher Ward | Elgin | Frederique Constant | Hamilton | Helson | Longines | Lum-Tec | Nomos Glashütte | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Tag Heuer | Tissot