Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw the Z-33 in real life yesterday

Blog Entries

Saw the Z-33 in real life yesterday

I was intrigued by the Z-33 so I took a ride to the mall to check it out. It's thick. Very thick and has buttons sticking sort of awkwardly everywhere. But that doesn't really matter to me. The backlight is super cool. Very legible and the watch is incredibly light. Lighter than I thought. And if you have small wrists, Omega has made it easy to fit. Overall I was impressed.

Photo from Awatchtoblog

I really like the watch, but I can't get over the thickness. It's probably a good thing because my bank account can't get over the cost.

I also liked the new solar Tissot T-Touch but it needs the hands from the Z-33. The prototype had longer empty hands, but the final version received some filled in midget hands.

Prototype

Final

it certainly is a watch of 'doorstop' dimensions ! - saw one myself behind glass in an AD and looks awesome - however for the money saved i think i would be quite satisfied to obtain either pre owned X33 or B1 in that genre of watch

For the money, you can almost get BOTH X33 and B1 on the pre-owned market

I saw the Z33 quite a while ago at the Omega boutique as well. Its THICK! No, seriously, ITS THICK! Does it have to be that THICK? But otherwise, I dig the watch, the design and the feature.

How thick is it exactly?
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    How thick is it exactly?
    20.2mm

That is a stout watch for sure.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

It would be more appealing to me if Omega made this solar or even something a long the lines of a kinetic or something like Ventura uses on their digitals. In 1980/1990s battery quartz would suffice but in 2014 if I'm buying a high tech watch I want a more high tech way it uses its energy. Thumbs up to Tissot for doing this with their new T Touch. At a fraction of the price of the Omega to, come on Omega!

I have a small wrist, so this one fits better

11. Likes Dimman liked this post