Likes Likes:  39
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The "I have a Chronograph but don't actually use the function" Club.

I can never fathom why countdown bezels aren't more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    An alarm is a more useful complication for these things I find.
    Indeed, many of the things people say they use a chronograph for, like timing eggs or parking, would be better served with an alarm.

Patek Philippe
    Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Baume & Mercier Hampton Annual Calendar; Tudor Black Bay.

Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field H70555863; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull 818.900 Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN017P1; Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51.

I use the chrono second hand as a central sweeping hand and the minute & hour registers as a second time zone..then it became too cumbersome to set every week or when the PE runs out..

Coupla chronos I won't be using to measure liftoffs and satellite synchronization, etc.
    Otherwise perfectly fine, even with a fixed bezel, for timing mundane stuff.

PS: I don't always like well-read, cultured, chatty women either.
    Sometimes simple but pretty, well-groomed, and well-mannered is more than enough.

GIGANDET Speed Timer.

Name:  DSCN6093.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  79.0 KB Name:  DSCN6092.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  82.9 KB

5. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    PS: I don't always like well-read, cultured, chatty women either.
    Sometimes simple but pretty, well-groomed, and well-mannered is more than enough.
    Sometimes just 'a woman' for me

7. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    'Swaddamtawkin'BOUT, yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Sometimes just a woman for me

9. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    I guess I wasn't aware you were collecting Ebel's! You and Rick Denney should get together and compare your collections! I'm off this week too and really enjoying a break and looking forward to a nice holiday. I get a 4 lb lobster on Christmas and piece of my all time favorite chocolate cake. It doesn't get any better than that!
    Late response: We do talk frequently. The Ebel Disease is not particularly virulent, but once caught it is usually fatal.

I was off for the week and spent the following week with an emergency vacation--also with a visiting family member who found himself in the hospital with serious injuries, having gone down the stairs unintentionally. Thinking about either watches or work has been awfully difficult, though I have tried to amuse myself with both while sitting in hospital rooms. He's improving rapidly now and on the mend, but when he comes back to our house, the stairs will be off-limits.

Rick "who had not followed this thread, because he uses his chronographs routinely" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    Late response: We do talk frequently. The Ebel Disease is not particularly virulent, but once caught it is usually fatal.

I was off for the week and spent the following week with an emergency vacation--also with a visiting family member who found himself in the hospital with serious injuries, having gone down the stairs unintentionally. Thinking about either watches or work has been awfully difficult, though I have tried to amuse myself with both while sitting in hospital rooms. He's improving rapidly now and on the mend, but when he comes back to our house, the stairs will be off-limits.

Rick "who had not followed this thread, because he uses his chronographs routinely" Denney
    Glad to hear he's improving quickly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna