Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Corvette Z06 thoughts?

New Corvette Z06 thoughts?

It has been a couple of months now since my last "weekend" car got totaled by a inattentive Dodge Dually. I am beginning to contemplate a replacement. For the last 20+ years my sports cars have all been German but the newest Z06 has me intrigued. 650hp/650lbft supercharged engine. I would get the 7 speed manual since they do not have a non-torque converter sequential option. The build I would want will run roughly $105K MSRP. One thing I am eager to see is the interior in person, it has been the weak link in Corvettes of the past.

Acceleration times are the 8 speed slushbox so the times will be a couple of tenths slower with the manual.

C/D TEST RESULTS:
    Zero to 60 mph: 3.0 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 6.8 sec
    Zero to 160 mph: 22.9 sec
    Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 3.2 sec
    Top gear, 30-50 mph: 1.7 sec
    Top gear, 50-70 mph: 2.2 sec
    Standing ¼-mile: 11.1 sec @ 127 mph
    Top speed (C/D est): 185 mph
    Braking, 70-0 mph: 128 ft
    Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 1.19 g

What say you? American supercar or plastic pig?
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

Blog Entries
    Fragile little things. Immensely capable, but too many computers.

Supercar? Possibly.

Unattractive inside and out? Definitely, IMO.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Personally, if I wanted something that looked like a GTR, I'd just get a GTR.

Been around vettes all my life but this time round they just tried too hard to make it something it isn't, or at least what the corvette isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Fragile little things. Immensely capable, but too many computers.
    The question is the alternatives. You have the 911 Turbo/GT and the GTR and a host of high end GTs and Supercars but not much with the capability AND lack of computer support. You have some one off track day warriors and maybe the Elise/Exige.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Personally, if I wanted something that looked like a GTR, I'd just get a GTR.

Been around vettes all my life but this time round they just tried too hard to make it something it isn't, or at least what the corvette isn't.
    I think it looks a lot more like a Ferrari F12 than a GTR but the GTR is a contender as well.

Last edited by ilitig8; Dec 20, 2014 at 04:06 AM.

I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New Corvette Z06 thoughts?

It's cool. I wouldn't buy one, but it's a screamer for sure.

If I owned one, I'd take all the ugly black plastic pieces off and paint them, or maybe have some carbon fiber made. I just think all of the black vents everywhere are overkill stylistically speaking.

Blog Entries
    My boss drives a 2006 zo6 and frankly I think they cost too much to keep on the road. Stupid stuff too. It's in the shop now for a new radio to the tune (pun intended) of $1600. He has the extended warranty so this one he's not paying for, but the high performance tires are so soft they can only take about 12k miles before a $2000 replacement is necessary. Far as I'm concerned, the only thing that high maintenance at my house should be me.

Get one of the new 5.0 Mustangs.

Jeannie

Just wondering, how many times will you actually drive over 60mph? If you want to go touring over the weekend, you could also choose something very comfortable or really attractive to look at which might not go very fast.