Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Corvette Z06 thoughts?

It's a great car,but for American super cars I have to vote Viper. Style is no comparison and it's still powerful and race ready.

2. Likes gnuyork, Rob liked this post

I'm a Lotus fan. If you want a weekend toy, the Elise or Exige would be hard to beat in my humble biased opinion . If you want the corvette super car 0-60 times, you can have them modified for less than the cost of the corvette (or maybe more, depending on how far you want to go). I have never driven a corvette, but with the Lotus you would have an extremely light car that handles like nothing else around the turns. No computer assisted anything, hell not even power steering. I know it's probably cliché but they really are big boy Go Karts.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    It's a great car,but for American super cars I have to vote Viper. Style is no comparison and it's still powerful and race ready.
    Oh hell yes, The viper is my favorite American car. Love it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    The question is the alternatives. You have the 911 Turbo/GT and the GTR and a host of high end GTs and Supercars but not much with the capability AND lack of computer support. You have some one off track day warriors and maybe the Elise/Exige.
    That's the problem. New cars just don't do anything for me anymore. I'm just going to be in first gen Z4s all my life.

Well, the new F-Type has a stickshift now. It's no supercar, but I don't need that kind of performance anyway. If I'm going to track a car, I'd rather track something simple and cheap. Speed doesn't give the thrills, it's the interaction.

Not for me.... even if I could afford one. The Viper on the other hand My wife has a hankering for one (dream on !), which is odd as she won't even consider letting me take her around the track in this....
    Name:  MeMartin.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  45.5 KB
    ... which has about a quarter the BHP of the Viper.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    New cars just don't do anything for me anymore.
    Speed doesn't give the thrills, it's the interaction.
    Agree & Agree
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Is that a Dolomite?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It's cool. I wouldn't buy one, but it's a screamer for sure.

If I owned one, I'd take all the ugly black plastic pieces off and paint them, or maybe have some carbon fiber made. I just think all of the black vents everywhere are overkill stylistically speaking.
    There are multiple options regarding the trim bits, carbon fiber options etc. GM just released all the pricing info and options so I am still trying to digest all the possibilities.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    My boss drives a 2006 zo6 and frankly I think they cost too much to keep on the road. Stupid stuff too. It's in the shop now for a new radio to the tune (pun intended) of $1600. He has the extended warranty so this one he's not paying for, but the high performance tires are so soft they can only take about 12k miles before a $2000 replacement is necessary. Far as I'm concerned, the only thing that high maintenance at my house should be me.

Get one of the new 5.0 Mustangs.

Jeannie
    The running costs for a Z06 will actually be a relief compared to what I am used to.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

I'd probably stick with the Japanese or Italians on this one. Its not a bad looking car, but it just doesn't seem to be worth $100k+.

And I'm just not a German fan.

"He's just a witness"