Likes Likes:  362
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 22 October 2016 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    Hamilton Pan Europ today. Sorry if you've already seen the shot on Instagram

Attachment 54166
    You're not alone in recycling posts from instagram 😎

Today one of the few times I posted different ones..

2. Likes theague, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I went back and forth between the FOIS and the classic Speedy. In the end, I decided the combination of the vintage style hands and the more practical sapphire crystal (instead of the classic Hesalite) appealed more to me.

Warning--as someone new to this hobby, it's very easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer variety of cool watches out there. Then you go, "Ooh, I want one of these, and one of those, and..." Before you know it you've got a gaggle of watches, and six months later you end up selling half of them as your knowledge and tastes evolve. Not that I know anyone who has done that.

The moral of the story is to go slowly. You'll probably still make mistakes, but maybe fewer of them. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mlcor is right. You may end up with something like this

Name:  Omegas_13.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  451.2 KB

and still not regret it. Not that I know anyone who has done that

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post

Even not being a speedy fan... Drool. That leather...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

5. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Even not being a speedy fan... Drool. That leather...
    Thanks, Geoff. Straps by Hirsch, GLC (shell cordovan), OEM and Iyonk.

7. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Even not being a speedy fan...

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

9. Likes CFR, stew77, iyonk, TigerDore, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post

Damn C ! YOU DON'T PLAY.................
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

11. Likes Samanator, CFR, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Damn C ! YOU DON'T PLAY.................
    LOL! Thanks, William.

13. Likes watchdaddy1, iyonk liked this post
    mlcor, thank you for the sound advice, I appreciate this a lot. I have actually been trying to pace myself and go slow. The exception has been the timing of the 42mm PO titanium. I wanted to compare it directly to the 39.5mm and 43.5mm before the 42mm went away, which ultimately led me to buying the PO quickly on the heels of the 300MC instead of 2017 as I first planned. As of now, I am simply planning my next goals, which I refuse to implement until 2017.

I want to go slowly for the reasons you stated and because I want to get to know each watch, and manufacturer, before moving ahead. I have been developing a short list, which, except for the Speedy, is focused on dressier watches(by my standards) that still have a bit of technical aspect to them(it's just my thing), along with unique technology and/or quality rep.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I went back and forth between the FOIS and the classic Speedy. In the end, I decided the combination of the vintage style hands and the more practical sapphire crystal (instead of the classic Hesalite) appealed more to me.

Warning--as someone new to this hobby, it's very easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer variety of cool watches out there. Then you go, "Ooh, I want one of these, and one of those, and..." Before you know it you've got a gaggle of watches, and six months later you end up selling half of them as your knowledge and tastes evolve. Not that I know anyone who has done that.

The moral of the story is to go slowly. You'll probably still make mistakes, but maybe fewer of them. Just my .02.

Last edited by TigerDore; Oct 23, 2016 at 03:44 PM.

15. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerDore View Post
    mlcor, thank you for the sound advice, I appreciate this a lot. I have actually been trying to pace myself and go slow. The exception has been the timing of the 42mm PO titanium. I wanted to compare it directly to the 39.5mm and 43.5mm before the 42mm went away, which ultimately led me to buying the PO quickly on the heels of the 300MC instead of 2017 as I first planned. As of now, I am simply planning my next goals, which I refuse to implement until 2017.

I want to go slowly for the reasons you stated and because I want to get to know each watch, and manufacturer, before moving ahead. I have been developing a short list, which, except for the Speedy, is focused on dressier watches(by my standards) that still have a bit of technical aspect to them(it's just my thing), along with unique technology and/or quality rep.
    Makes sense. Plus, as you already know, the research and the hunt is half the fun (or more).

17. Likes TigerDore liked this post