Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** A thought ****

**** A thought ****

was talking about a watch and how genuine it was and I said if they had stuck there own name on it I might have bought it and it got me thinking how easy is that? As we see forum watches all the time that are quartz or mechanical but they are always analogues is there a reason behind this, as thought a molded case and a quartz digital movement would be cheaper to produce so why are there not more forum digital watches to be honest can't think of one. there is somethings hiding at the back of my mind that one was talk about on another forum way back when ...

But off the top of my head can't think of it .. so what would be the good points and bad points on doing one, can be forum watch or not for this instant just musing on the why's and ideas of Pause-ability on this type of build is it actual a lot hard then first thought ,

Or what ever you try it just looks like a G'shock knock off did anyone do a design or had thought's of doing one it popped into my head reading a post and it's waving at me now and has intrigue me into how one would go about it, is there a need for it and more importantly is there a market for it ? ...

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

how about the ventura automatic digital Spark..

Name:  Ventura-Spark-MGS.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  27.5 KB

3. Likes TigerDore, popoki nui, geoffbot liked this post
    don't think I have saw that before kinda like the bottom half of it and the bracelet
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I like the idea of an IWL digital, but it seems there are only about three of us here who actually like digitals, so maybe it would be a pointless effort? It wouldn't have to look like a G knockoff; some time ago a guy up in Vancouver came out with his own brand:
    Name:  majestyk2.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  46.8 KBName:  majestykled1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  59.8 KB

They were totally unique. Maybe if the Wise Ones at IWL came out with a real killer design, it would work.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

6. Likes meijlinder, Greg, The Watch Smeller liked this post
    I wish there are some modern stainless digital styled like this (with bigger display of course... solid stainless case with good WR, and some sapphire would be a great bonus)

I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

8. Likes popoki nui, Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I like the idea of an IWL digital, but it seems there are only about three of us here who actually like digitals, so maybe it would be a pointless effort? It wouldn't have to look like a G knockoff; some time ago a guy up in Vancouver came out with his own brand:

They were totally unique. Maybe if the Wise Ones at IWL came out with a real killer design, it would work.
    had not so much thought of a IWL one really it was just my musing on seeing loads of forum watches but not a lot of digital that way but deffo maybe an idea..

just was wondering if other had thought of designing there own as a few of the members do this for a living and a few are starting to try there hand with great result take chicos chronograph so was just curious if any member had for fun design one .. and how would some one take it from an idea in to production .. but IWL colours could be cool as they do, do gold display now like the negative display ,

just one of those thoughts as we probably all think occasionally that it would be cool to design there own watch well I do any way .. and a digital would be something different as you now am always up for some thing different watch wise ..

what movement would you use for example ..

think if I did it. it would have to be cool 70's funky to it how would you do it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    I wish there are some modern stainless digital styled like this (with bigger display of course... solid stainless case with good WR, and some sapphire would be a great bonus)

yes think g'shock have missed a big market in that but they are starting to realise that with some of there models now could be a cool way to go and say have a leather strap instead of a rubber one maybe
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post

thats you and myself Sherry -so who is the other 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    thats you and myself Sherry -so who is the other 1 ?
    I'm thinking Preston.

well would have thought all the g'shock guys maybe might get a buzz out of it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy