Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought my first Rolex :)

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Found a link: HELMUT UHREN ATELIER
    yeah I said america he was from Canada thanks again
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah I said america he was from Canada thanks again
    Still America - the continent.

And you're welcome, Ismy.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Welcome and great watch. Definitely one of the better one-watch watches.

For natos I would also recommend Toxicnatos (or the premium from Singular straps if you're in Europe. Seems to be same suppliers as straps very similar ).
    No colourful combos but quality-wise a step up from most of the competition. Tighter weave and hardware great.

Perfect! The only reason one isn't on my wrist is that it's just so similar to the Submariner 14060M in so many ways. Great choice!

A leather strap from Toshi would look fantastic on it.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Thanks for the strap suggestions etc, some great options for me to consider.

So having been wearing my new treasure for 2 weeks I can say I'm thrilled with my choice. It wears very comfortably and looks great at work and out and about more casually on the weekend.
    It's the sort of watch people who are shown will likely admire with praise but just spotting it on your wrist in a meeting won't prompt someone to announce it and draw attention to the bling. I wanted something understated.

Like most of you I have read, and re-read a lot of posts on here and cant say how many times I have googled "how tight she I tighten the crown" haha.
    So far I've been too nervous to wear it showering or anything but in the future I think I will, a watch should be able to go where I go (within reason).

In case it's of interest to people I have been using the Watch Tracker App to measure the accuracy of the watch, it's a great app. The spec's for the watch outline it should operate +/- 2 spd which is incredibly accurate.
    My experience so far suggests that real world outcomes will vary enormously depending on use, sleep with it on or off, run while wearing it, how long you sleep each night and what position the watch is left in over night.
    The "run-in" concept that a watch may slow a little over the first few months of use seems to be debated hotly with credible experiences on both sides of the debate.

So far I have found for a normal day where I don't remove my watch at night the watch would gain +3.5 spd. I've decided it's best to remove my watch at night and I have found that on it's side in crown up position the watch will lose equivalent of -1spd (or 0.33 seconds in 8 hours sleep). The most effective rest position over night to balance the slight daily gain is for the watch to be vertical with 12 upright and crown to the right, in this position the watch had a loss equivalent to -4.9spd (or 1.6 seconds in 8 hours sleep). If I rest the watch in this vertical position at night I should see be able to get close to an average daily gain of just +1.5 seconds which is perfect. I much rather the watch be slightly fast. PS: I'm not concerned at all even if it were average 6spd gain.... it's more just interesting to understand this watches personality I guess.

With only two weeks of ownership it will be interesting to see how these averages may (or may not) change over time.

It's incredible how accurate and consistent these things are.

Now to head into the forum and see what new, overly detailed, mostly unnecessary posts (like mine) I can read and obsess over watches a little more

8. Likes meijlinder, CFR liked this post