Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Recommendations Thread

Movie Recommendations Thread

Brad Pitts latest offering..well worth a watch!

Sent from my GT-I9505

The Interview. Everyone is talking about it!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

3. Likes pepperami liked this post
    guardians of the galaxy is worth a watch quite funny and the green chick is as hot as hell lol and there a talking raccoon and a tree-man what's not to like

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

5. Likes Nokie, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    guardians of the galaxy is worth a watch quite funny and the green chick is as hot as hell lol and there a talking raccoon and a tree-man what's not to like

Really enjoyed it..The comedy was a real bonus and the killer soundtrack!

Sent from my GT-I9505

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    Really enjoyed it..The comedy was a real bonus and the killer soundtrack!

Sent from my GT-I9505
    think they should make a series now with the same cast
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

guardians of the galaxy is worth a watch
    Great move with an excellent 70's soundtrack.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    yes I was surprised thought it would be a bit naff but it got better the longer you watch it as I said think they really should do a series. I know there's talk of a movie franchise but think they would get more mileage if it was a couple of series instead
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    I know this movie reviewed horribly, but I watched it with my roommates and another friend, and we all loved it. I can see how some people wouldn't, since it's a bit crude, but I'd say it's only a step below 21 Jump Street and better than 22 Jump Street. Let's Be Cops. It's not genius or particularly original, but it's just a really well done comedy. Jake Johnson is hilarious, Damon Wayans, Jr. is good, and Nina Dobrev is gorgeous.

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yes I was surprised thought it would be a bit naff but it got better the longer you watch it as I said think they really should do a series. I know there's talk of a movie franchise but think they would get more mileage if it was a couple of series instead
    I was surprised as well. I loved it. I thought it was better than The Avengers, and I loved The Avengers.

But a series would never work. Zoe Saldana alone would cost too much for a series and that's before Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel (though anyone could voice Groot); it's possible they could get Chris Pratt, but between Guardians and the Lego Movie, and now Jurassic World, he's on the cusp of becoming a big time movie star. And that's not to mention the special effects. I mean, take even a computer animated movie like Madagascar. The TV show Penguins of Madagascar is a clear step below in animation quality. For a kid's cartoon, it doesn't affect the quality of the programming, but for a big thing like this, it would make it look cheesy.

It's too big budget to work as a TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I know this movie reviewed horribly, but I watched it with my roommates and another friend, and we all loved it. I can see how some people wouldn't, since it's a bit crude, but I'd say it's only a step below 21 Jump Street and better than 22 Jump Street. Let's Be Cops. It's not genius or particularly original, but it's just a really well done comedy. Jake Johnson is hilarious, Damon Wayans, Jr. is good, and Nina Dobrev is gorgeous.

yeah been meaning to watch it
    Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy