Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overdue?

Hybrid View

Overdue?

Anybody else sweating out the late delivery of an expensive timepiece this Christmas shipping season?

Found out the USPS is swamped when my domestically shipped watch, which was sent Priority mail, went 3 days without a tracking update, only to resurface today on the tracking website. Whew!

It will have taken nearly a week for a Priority package, if it is delivered this Monday.

I feel your pain , but it's the busiest time of the year for parcel and everything delivery.

Be patient my child, good things will come.

I've just ordered one and I think it will be Jan before I see it - hey ho.

Yep. I'm waiting on mine (hopefully) coming from Germany. If it doesn't turn up before Christmas Day - No biggie; it just means you lot will have to wait for pictures a little longer.
    Wrestling with my conscience a bit, anyway: If it were to arrive on time, should I wear it ? Would others feel their gifts to be belittled if I were to sport an expensive (self purchased) watch on the day ?
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Yep. I'm waiting on mine (hopefully) coming from Germany. If it doesn't turn up before Christmas Day - No biggie; it just means you lot will have to wait for pictures a little longer.
    Wrestling with my conscience a bit, anyway: If it were to arrive on time, should I wear it ? Would others feel their gifts to be belittled if I were to sport an expensive (self purchased) watch on the day ?
    I understand your predicament. Mine is just a modification by a friend, swapping out hands and bezel to create a MilSub, so will probably wear it as it won't attract much attention among non-WIS.

This arrived today:
    Name:  Package.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  225.6 KB

Waiting until my children have gone to bed before opening.
    More later.....
    Last edited by crownpuller; Dec 29, 2014 at 04:53 PM.

6. Likes Seriously liked this post
    More later.....
    Name:  ATBox.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  147.3 KB
    Patience....

8. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Yes, just had a watch coming from PA to MN take 7 days, while the band for the watch coming from Australia during the same period took 8 days.

The issue with high value items is that they are locked cage to locked cage handled and can only be handled by a limited number of postal workers. Whenever they are off loaded at a postal center they go into a lock cage for security. This special handling compounds delays during busy periods.

I had a watch coming from Chicago to Minneapolis take 5 business days once during a low volume period. It went through several intermediate cities and was delayed due to the locked cage special handling it received at each intermediate city.

I have 1 coming across the pond, it's still sitting in the waiting room ...I'm sure January will be the landing, no biggie...I've got some custom straps due here this week.

Waiting on a Fortis to arrive for me and handling the purchase of a Hamilton for a friend. The Hamilton was scheduled to arrive on Saturday but no watch and tracking hasn't been updated. I assumed it was just a busy time... hoping my Fortis arrives as expected tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Waiting on a Fortis to arrive for me and handling the purchase of a Hamilton for a friend. The Hamilton was scheduled to arrive on Saturday but no watch and tracking hasn't been updated. I assumed it was just a busy time... hoping my Fortis arrives as expected tomorrow.

USPS is slllooooowwwww here in MD.

They might deliver my friend's Hamilton today. My Fortis just left a sort facility in Capital Heights, so I assume delivery tomorrow.