Views: 225
Size:  121.9 KB

2. Likes OTGabe, pacomt, Zenitowa, Rob, CFR liked this post
    I really like this one:Name:  727977_orig.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  53.4 KB

4. Likes Rob, Zenitowa liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, that is one of the nicer models to come out lately. I know there is a lot of discussion regarding the intersection of the sub-dials. I fully understand that is makes them less useful, but if you like the look of the watch, if it makes you smile, you need to get it.

Dan

Deluca for me but pretty much anything without a hole/holes in the dial or from the Defy Xtreme line of Xmas decorations.

The simple steel Espada for me, but I'm not sure it's a current model.

Zenith really do need to settle down and have a consistent range for a few years.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    El Primero for me. I agree that Zenith is a bit too much all over the map, but any company bold enough to go with Nietzsche in their adverts has my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The simple steel Espada for me, but I'm not sure it's a current model.

Zenith really do need to settle down and have a consistent range for a few years.
    A year ago or two I thought they deserved some prize for Most Improved Product Line or something but I've been less enthused lately.

Blog Entries
    It is hard for me to judge given that they will not strongly patronize the US market. So many nice watches I saw when I was in Switzerland. But I am a plain fellow, which is why aviator style makes me happy.

We shall see how they go from here.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    It is hard for me to judge given that they will not strongly patronize the US market. So many nice watches I saw when I was in Switzerland. But I am a plain fellow, which is why aviator style makes me happy.
    They had lines of old: Chronograph (El Primero was used after 1969 but most EP-powered watches were never named), Captain, Sporto, Defy, Espada, Port Royal. Most of these names are still in use, but they don't brand them on the watches themselves.

The one thing they could do to improve my Zenith is to write "Captain" on the dial, in that lovely old script. They could leave off the "36 000 VPH" to make room.

Rick "thinking this a great dress chronograph for a plain guy" Dennry
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

12. Likes Zenitowa, Rob, wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    They had lines of old: Chronograph (El Primero was used after 1969 but most EP-powered watches were never named), Captain, Sporto, Defy, Espada, Port Royal. Most of these names are still in use, but they don't brand them on the watches themselves.

The one thing they could do to improve my Zenith is to write "Captain" on the dial, in that lovely old script. They could leave off the "36 000 VPH" to make room.

Rick "thinking this a great dress chronograph for a plain guy" Dennry
    For sure, a very attractive model. I'd like to see "Captain"'in that script as well.

BTW, welcome!

Dan