Likes Likes:  77
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Zenith is your favorite?

The Elite Phase de Lune makes me weak in the knees. It is elegant and simple, and the moon phase takes away from the seriousness. It will soon be mine, but, sadly, not soon enough. The only one I currently have is a 1968 Calibre 2531.

-hayday

Name:  Elite Class Moonphase Grande Date 03.1125.691_02.C490.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  Zenith.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  27.7 KB

2. Likes Zenitowa, wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Both watches, planned future and current, are great watches. Please post some pictures of the Elite when it arrives!

Thanks,
    Dan

I really like the Rainbow with the dark blue dial.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    I really like the Rainbow with the dark blue dial.
    You speak of the old style, do you not?

Dan

Having owned a few, this is the one that has stayed and will continue to stay:

Hopefully to be joined by others down the line

Seriously drooling over this one at the moment:

8. Likes Rob, BillyR___, wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Seriously drooling over this one at the moment:
    Definitely a looker! I like triple date/moonphase watches. I've not seen this one in person but would love to.

Thanks!
    Dan

Interesting. I seem to remember you posting a picture of this watch and commenting how the dials don't overlap. It is a sharp watch.

I have two El Primeros, a 36KVpH that's on it's way and a Stratos, and both have overlapping subdials. I don't have any trouble discerning where the minutes are between 15 and 20, but I can understand some people being turned off by it. It's one of those "style over function" things that I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    They had lines of old: Chronograph (El Primero was used after 1969 but most EP-powered watches were never named), Captain, Sporto, Defy, Espada, Port Royal. Most of these names are still in use, but they don't brand them on the watches themselves.

The one thing they could do to improve my Zenith is to write "Captain" on the dial, in that lovely old script. They could leave off the "36 000 VPH" to make room.

Rick "thinking this a great dress chronograph for a plain guy" Dennry

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Interesting. I seem to remember you posting a picture of this watch and commenting how the dials don't overlap. It is a sharp watch.

I have two El Primeros, a 36KVpH that's on it's way and a Stratos, and both have overlapping subdials. I don't have any trouble discerning where the minutes are between 15 and 20, but I can understand some people being turned off by it. It's one of those "style over function" things that I accept.
    I'm not bothered at all by the overlapping tri-color dials. That statement about the Captain was a response to those prepared to reject a great marque on the basis of that one complaint.

Rick "who does wonder, however, why they didn't flip the overlap the other way" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

12. Likes Rob liked this post
    On one hand, I really like the Captain chrono 42mm, perfect dressy chrono, imo, but unfortunately, too big for my 6" wrists.

On the other hand, I really like the El Primero 1969 original, looks awesome with the tri-color registers and great for my wrist at 38mm.

14. Likes N/A, wschofield3 liked this post