Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look! I'm so cool, I just got myself a Panerai!

Look! I'm so cool, I just got myself a Panerai!

I should be happy to see yet another watch person on the street, but I just can't help but snap a picture of this and share:

I like how Panerai experiments with new case materials. A silicone case! Who else would have thought of that?

3. Likes dak liked this post
    So that's how LNIB and mint condition for sale PAMs end up staying so pristine.

5. Likes dak liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    So that's how LNIB and mint condition for sale PAMs end up staying so pristine.
    It's the new custom doorway protector.

Not it unlike the swatches in the 80's with that little rubber thingy that went from lug to lug over the crystal I had a bunch of those at the time!

But it it is more likely the Guard 2 that Panerai copied
    Last edited by Chase; Dec 22, 2014 at 01:11 AM.

7. Likes popoki nui, dak, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    It's the new custom doorway protector.

Not it unlike the swatches in the 80's with that little rubber thingy that went from lug to lug over the crystal I had a bunch of those at the time!

But it it is more likely the Guard 2 that Panerai copied
    So Panerai put a plastic condom on a 10K watch ?, bit tacky, but ok

9. Likes dak liked this post
    For what ever reason my dog LOVES those Panerai protectors. I had a box with my watch tools and extras straps loupes etc and I set it on the floor in the kitchen when I was finished digging out a NATO I wanted and left the room to take a phone call. When I came back she had 4 or 5 of them on the sofa with her, She wasn't chewing on them just had them neatly sitting beside her. I think she may have thought they were paw protectors.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

11. Likes Bwana, Martin, dak, Nokie liked this post
    It reminds me of Chad Johnson rocking the Alaska Project with the aluminum shell. The guy above is much, much worse.

13. Likes dak liked this post
    whatever; it beats the guys who buy watches and don't wear them at all

15. Likes dak liked this post
    I wonder if he knows that he is supposed to take the plastic cover off. No offense to Asian people (me being one of them), we have a tradition of not taking the wrapping off equipment (most notably TV remotes) as a way to "preserve" their value. Here is an example:

17. Likes Der Amf, Rob liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    I wonder if he knows that he is supposed to take the plastic cover off. No offense to Asian people (me being one of them), we have a tradition of not taking the wrapping off equipment (most notably TV remotes) as a way to "preserve" their value. Here is an example:
    Is that like leaving all the "Features" stickers on the product too, for years and years ?

19. Likes dak liked this post