Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to do something they don't want to do?

Anybody want to do something they don't want to do?

Is there any interest in doing a fit & finish thread with macros? We hear so much about this one way or another but seldom are opinions on this phrase held up for real-world scrutinization and direct comparisons.

For diversity's sake and because I don't own a ton of higher-end watches I'd consider starting with a grouping of:

• Oris Classic Date
    • Seiko SARB017
    • Rolex Datejust
    • UN +/- Big Date

The other pairing would be a Casio Oceanus vs. Citizen Chronomaster.

Cross-comparisons are welcome for whatever else is posted.

I'm guessing this is too much of a pain to go forward, but figured I'd throw it out there since it's one of the most used phrases and popular topics on forms like these. Plus my only other idea at the moment is to recreate the battle between the Monitor and Merrimack using a Doxa Sharkhunter and Oris Divers Date...It works better than one might guess.

If this is possible, is there a way to settle on a specific set of criteria to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the watches?

I've learned to never look closely at any watch.

3. Likes ljb187, ilitig8, Chase, DM71, scottjc liked this post
    While I love the concept it is similar to comparing cars, you need to have them in on the same track with the same driver and even then there are a ton of variables. With watch macro photography the quality of the glass and all the digital manipulation that goes on prior to them showing up on the computer screen, not to mention light etc makes a TRUE comparison almost impossible. However, if people don't try too read too much into the pictures (especially those taken by different people and/or different cameras) it certainly would be an interesting thread.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

Savagely Average
    If you need pictures of cheap watches, I am your guy LOL

6. Likes ljb187, I-B liked this post
    I'm actually working on a super-macro thread of the fronts of my trio after this thread of the backsides.

http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...-9-quot-family

8. Likes ljb187, bu11itt liked this post
    Take a look here also if you haven't already seen then: Macro shots

If I had any of the OP's watches I'd do them , but I don't.

I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't yet seen this phrase on this particular forum

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't yet seen this phrase on this particular forum
    Oh you mean:

Quote Originally Posted by Domo
    I'm actually working
    Yes, not surprising when you (Der Amf) spend all day on here

12. Likes Martin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Is there any interest in doing a fit & finish thread with macros? We hear so much about this one way or another but seldom are opinions on this phrase held up for real-world scrutinization and direct comparisons. ....
    I'm getting old, but I had to read the replies above to understand you weren't talking about fish.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

14. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Yes, not surprising when you spend all day on here
    The one person on IWL who's in no position to comment on this:

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-22-12-01-14-1.png
Views: 120
Size:  15.7 KB

16. Likes OTGabe liked this post