Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Imaginary Watch Company

There are a lot of good ideas here. I see no reason why 15 or 20 guys who chat via the IWL's forums can't get together and start a successful watch company. First order of business: Are we going to use in-house movements? A yes / no poll will follow shortly.

2. Likes Rdenney, Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Since Shinola is already taken, I'd call mine Crapola in honor of Thomas Crapper. The dial would have a swirling pattern.

I have a logo already and the backstory is there for the taking. I have developed a new complication called the Toiletbowlian.

Which way would the swirl go? Northern or Southern hemisphere Coriolis effect?

4. Likes Rdenney, popoki nui liked this post
    Might need two dial patterns. That will kill my margins.

6. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    I like the OP's thinking. Simple, versatile smallish field/casual design watches. I like a lot of Harold Pinchbeck's designs for example, but I'd like to use vintage mechanical movements and acrylic crystals. Maybe a model with a bronze case. Add some quartz perpetual calendar HAQ's with long life batteries and tritium tubes.

8. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post