Likes Likes:  0

Thread: **** So what's your thoughts on the Vostok factory going to short time hours ****

**** So what's your thoughts on the Vostok factory going to short time hours ****

well after the rumours from several of the bigger watch distributor that no new sales of the vostok will be happening any time soon is it mass panic or things to come with the falling ruble and the unrest out there is it impacting the Russian watch industries more then we realize ?

I for one don't really look to the politics out there at the minute I'm all about the watches more then anything but thought I would see what the general consensus is of the I.W.L folk is on this and thought to give a place to air one's view on this matter
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Lets hope they sort it out..would be a great loss to us Affordfanatics!

Sent from my GT-I9505

Russia usually shuts down for the first two weeks of each year for their new year celebrations, let's hope they reopen afterwards.
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain......

Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

Blog Entries
    It has been a difficult time for the Russian makers for sure. I've noticed fewer and fewer Russian movements in watches sold by Vostok Europe. They used to get quite nice movements from the Vostok Chistopol factory. Now makers like Zavtra are using Chinese movements.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

so things to come it's a shame but as I love the old and unloved pure Russian watches of the 70's 80's 90's then should be ok for a while lol. but does make it harder to find the true watches in the more expensive chronos now it is becoming a bit of a mine field to pick the true original one's which is a shame I take a lot of chance with some of mine but when you are paying sub £50 it don't really matter if you get a dud once in a while but think it will get to be more expensive hobbie on the Russian front now .. were at the time it was a cheap fun past time .. do love the unusually one's and the Russians had a knack for creating some wonderful ones
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Sounds like a good time to invest in some Scuba Dudes before they become extinct.......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx