Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I've decided..... New watch content!

So I've decided..... New watch content!

In celebration of paying off the last of the school loans I found myself entertaining the idea of a new watch. Though the plan was I'd wait until late 2015... 2014 was a busy year, adding a JLC Reverso 976 and Explorer I to my collection which has a BP villeret moonphase, Omega Planet Ocean, Aqua Terra, Tag Aquaracer, and a couple of vintages.

So I looked and I looked, read and read, tried on and tried on. I asked you guys for help and you gave great recommendations.

I fell in love with several watches. VC Traditionnelle, ALS 1815 up/down, FP Journe Bleu among others. But I just kept coming back to this guy.

And showing little self-restraint, I pulled the trigger. I present the FP Journe Chronomètre Souverain in rose gold with the new gold dial, 40mm. Professional pictures don't do it justice and these cell phone pics are even worse but here they are!

The tang buckle it usually comes with scared the hell out of me so I upgraded to the folding clasp.

Click this bar to view the original image of 1018x573px.

Checked on the accuracy to make sure everything was running correctly, so far we're within 1 second accuracy after 2 days! Some thoughts to follow. Thanks again for all the suggestions and insights.

2. Likes Domo, Chase, Bwana, tempocalypse, BlackNomad liked this post
    One of the best watches in the world - absolutely no doubt about it.

Very nice piece, quite beautiful movement work also.

1 question tho :
    Is that Jesus kneeling in the Snow Globe ?
    Name:  2014-12-30.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  19.9 KB

Sorry for the crappy pics.

It's actually an Omega snow globe they sent for the holidays. That's a tree with gears on it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Very nice piece, quite beautiful movement work also.

1 question tho :
    Name:  2014-12-30.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  19.9 KB

6. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    Sorry for the crappy pics.

It's actually an Omega snow globe they sent for the holidays. That's a tree with gears on it lol
    Wonderful, that would have just been.........wrong

I'm in love
    Name:  thud-faint-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 357
Size:  11.2 KBName:  thud-faint-smiley-emoticon.gif
Size:  11.2 KB
    OMG what a beeeeeeuuuuteeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    I think he's in the Lotus position

The tang buckle it usually comes with scared the hell out of me
    Why ?

9. Likes tigerpac liked this post
    I never ever want to drop this guy and I'm much more used to the folding clasps. Seems like less room for error with the folding clasps but could just be in my head.

Hmmmm, maybe .... or maybe it's because you've more chance of catching it with a folder, in that terrible slow-mo moment when you realise it's departing company with you.

There are still elements of it that could come apart as easily as a buckle arrangement.

Anyway...., it's more likely to give way at the lugs end isn't it ? ...touch wood that NEVER happens - (Go on, touch wood !)

(I'd be mortified on a 1/10 of the price that thing costs, can't imagine how you'd feel)

Beautiful. Congrats!

Stunning timepiece. CONGRATULATIONS

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842