Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas heartache

Hybrid View

Christmas heartache

is it me or do terrible natural and unnatural events seem to occur at Christmas more than any other time or are we just more focussed on events that happen at this time - looking at the terrifying Glasgow event this afternoon - just wrong place wrong time for some in that moment - heart goes out to those unfortunate folk and their families at this time and of course the many that saw and won't forget

2. Likes pepperami, scottjc liked this post
    Doesn't make it any better but looks like one of those one in a million tragic incidents

Some newscaster saying "and it looks like it's not a terrorist act" was kinda a stupid comment too. .. seriously.

4. Likes shameless, bolaberlim liked this post
    People focus on their families around the holidays and can empathize with those families and organizations that have lost their loved ones during this time.

6. Likes shameless, bolaberlim liked this post
    Reports just coming in of an incident in France that sounds slightly less accidental.
    Thoughts go out to all those feeling pain at this time of year.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

8. Likes shameless liked this post
    Prayers to those families in pain, may the heavens give refuge to your loved ones.

10. Likes Seriously, shameless, thewalrus liked this post
    Yikes, I am getting all my news HERE today. These 2 events, Joe Cocker died....what else is happening?
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

My thoughts go out to the families, so tragic. One thing I hate about the holidays is as you get older you naturally connect more and more "bad" to them. You are going to collect small and large tragedies that happen this time over year and while they might not "build" up around some random day of the year or summer solstice we naturally continue to connect them and relive them around the holiday season.

For those who have missed the tragedy being discussed:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...-west-30580114
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

13. Likes shameless liked this post
    The whole freekin world is on fire these days. Everywhere. Sigh.
    I feel frivolous typing this in the comfort of my peaceful home.

15. Likes Bwana, CFR liked this post
    A very sad day here in glasgow, thoughts go out to all those affected by this tragedy.

17. Likes scottjc, shameless, bolaberlim, muddy250 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I believe it is suspected the driver had a very badly timed medical event--heart attack or something.

Jeannie