Likes Likes:  380
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: What's your crown jewel?

lost in translation birdynamnam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Yes, I'll try to post a couple later.

Here's the photo he took with it floating on the flight deck of Atlantis, and the certificate that I got after the flight. Note that this is a scan of a photo from 2000, so no real hi res photo (I don't have the negatives). This flew as part of his personal kit which every crew member gets for things like music, books, trinkets, etc.

In case anyone is wondering, the certificate isn't tied to the watch serial number. It's not done for valuation purposes, but simply as a crew souvenir for friends/family. But I know it's the watch. My wife and daughter have had charms flown for them different flights, and they got similar certificates. Makes a cool wall hanging.

I really enjoy my job, but things like this are just icing on the cake.

Attachment 12825Attachment 12827
    I've never heard about Mr Edward Lu before
    Now , I know he's a Gentleman...
    And your watch is a pure gem , not in reference of its price or value , but with its history.
    "chirp, chirp"

2. Likes rfortson, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Yes, I'll try to post a couple later.

Here's the photo he took with it floating on the flight deck of Atlantis, and the certificate that I got after the flight. Note that this is a scan of a photo from 2000, so no real hi res photo (I don't have the negatives). This flew as part of his personal kit which every crew member gets for things like music, books, trinkets, etc.

In case anyone is wondering, the certificate isn't tied to the watch serial number. It's not done for valuation purposes, but simply as a crew souvenir for friends/family. But I know it's the watch. My wife and daughter have had charms flown for them different flights, and they got similar certificates. Makes a cool wall hanging.

I really enjoy my job, but things like this are just icing on the cake.

Attachment 12825Attachment 12827
    Thanks for sharing those photos. They are amazing! I can't imagine a more appropriate watch to have such an incredible story to go with it.

4. Likes rfortson liked this post