Likes Likes:  61
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: WRUW decemeber 2016 starts here

  1. #11

  2. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB liked this post
  3. #12
    Member Pip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    537
    Trying this out this morning. Realised I'd not worn it yet.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Likes DJW GB liked this post
  5. #13
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    30,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Trying this out this morning. Realised I'd not worn it yet.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nearly bought one of them a few times as basic a Seiko in all but the name and to me a decent price point so how does it shape up in realty to a seiko ?
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

    https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches



  6. #14
    Member Pip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    nearly bought one of them a few times as basic a Seiko in all but the name and to me a decent price point so how does it shape up in realty to a seiko ?
    Like me, it's good looking but fatter and heavier than it should be... quality seems good, finishing not quite up there. For the money it's fantastic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #15
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    30,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Like me, it's good looking but fatter and heavier than it should be... quality seems good, finishing not quite up there. For the money it's fantastic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah it has the y676 in it don't it ? and from what I read it just basically the seiko 7s26B but with out hacking I'm lead to believe and better in some ways then the 7s26b had that issue with speeding up some time when the hair spring caught and would arch less but apparently was an easy fix when this did happen was looking at a couple of there models one is at £63 I think it was the seiko brand version was on sale but like £183 that is a big chunk of money and the re -sell value to would be better sold a seiko lost about £50 on it but if you are paying £60 first probably get about £40 for the model I was looking at so just seems a good deal all round...

    if the quality is there or to a reasonable degree heavy would probably not matter to me as much as fit and finish
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

    https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches



  8. #16
    Member Pip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah it has the y676 in it don't it ? and from what I read it just basically the seiko 7s26B but with out hacking I'm lead to believe and better in some ways then the 7s26b had that issue with speeding up some time when the hair spring caught and would arch less but apparently was an easy fix when this did happen was looking at a couple of there models one is at £63 I think it was the seiko brand version was on sale but like £183 that is a big chunk of money and the re -sell value to would be better sold a seiko lost about £50 on it but if you are paying £60 first probably get about £40 for the model I was looking at so just seems a good deal all round...

    if the quality is there or to a reasonable degree heavy would probably not matter to me as much as fit and finish
    Bracelet fits me fine and I have mans size wrists. Bought mine used through a forum so got a good deal on it. I'm happy with it for now. Doubt I'll wear it all that much but I have quite a few divers to choose from.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
  10. #17
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    30,663
    yeah it was more of a curious on it then maybe a buy but they do look fair for the money so might have a punt on one at some point and there a couple I found appealing for there price
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

    https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches



  11. #18

  12. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB, Volgo liked this post
  13. #19

  14. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB liked this post
  15. #20

  16. Likes DJW GB, Volgo liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us