Likes Likes:  7

Thread: New Arrival - DWM-100WC-2T

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Arrival - DWM-100WC-2T

This is a 1999 release - a limited edition in conjunction with the World Coral Conservation Society (an organization I have been unable to learn very much about aside from its relationship with Casio). WCCS models tend to feature jelly bezels and clear and/or jelly bands -- and the DWM-100WC-2 is no exception.

I bought it "mint in the box", but it is mint no more. I took off the tag, peeled the blue plastic protector of the "keeper", set it and strapped it on. For me, at least, way more than half the fun is wearing the watch!

The module is #2012. The functions and modes seem quite similar to the DW-9700 Gulfman, though that model is solar and this one is not.

The functions: time keeping/multi time zone mode (allows you to scroll through time and related data for ten (10) additional time zones); moon data (moon age, moonrise/moonset times) and tide graph mode; sunrise/sunset times; 24 hour CDT with auto-repeat; 24 hour STW with time visible; alarm/hourly chime. The alarm mode has three (3) independent alarms that can be set by hour, minute, month and day. Depending on which fields you set, you program a daily alarm (rings every day at the appointed time); a "date alarm" (rings at the appointed time on the specific date that you set); a "one-month alarm" (rings at the appointed time every day of a specific month that you set); or a "monthly alarm" (rings once every month on the date and time that you set).

2. Likes Rocat, iyonk, Charlie, d2mac, Greg, Piowa, Sjors liked this post
    Kronos,

That watch looks very cool. Great find. Enjoy it.

Very cool Kronos! i dont have any old stock or retro G but always like seeing them still get some love..

bighead
    I really like that. I'm a sucker for tide watches, too. Glad to see you're wear it as well. Enjoy.

Doesn't look very comfortable.

"He's just a witness"

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Doesn't look very comfortable.

"He's just a witness"
    It is actually quite comfortable, more so than some other beloved G's of that era. (I love my Raysman collection, but I will never claim it is a super comfortable watch.).

The most comfortable watch of that era for me may be the DW-9700 Gulfman -- which, as I noted earlier has a similar module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. I have been looking at that model as well and it looks great from your pictures.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

That is a very cool watch. I like the manta ray circle that is chrome silver.