Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: have you ever embarrassed yourself

have you ever embarrassed yourself

just going thru some old images on laptop and this one sort of thru me - it was up in Scotland from memory when image was taken Name:  scotland7 copy.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  104.6 KB - the awful thing is i cannot for the life of me remember why i chose to wear two watches that morning ii remember the time and place but not my reasoning -its not something i do although i do switch wrists often -any ideas might jog my memory , one is an omega BA and the other was the Ray Mears Citizen - i think i had been fishing early so would have used the citizen , maybe i didn't trust the log cabin with no door locks - its a mystery to me ! if you saw me it was an aboration honest [or whisky]
    Last edited by shameless; Dec 24, 2014 at 01:26 AM.

2. Likes Bwana, popoki nui, rodia77, Nutty28, JAGtime liked this post
    I was pretty reckless back in the day, best not to review any pictures from that period

4. Likes shameless, is that my watch liked this post
    Fortunately, I have nothing officially certified, I mean: in pics. I hope...

6. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Fortunately, I have nothing officially certified, I mean: in pics. I hope...
    i didn't think out the question guys -i was thinking watch related of course -but a good embarrassing story told against oneself would be quite acceptable

.....and the top dog appears to be urinating on the other one lying down. Just sayin'....

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    just going thru some old images on laptop and this one sort of thru me - it was up in Scotland from memory when image was taken Name:  scotland7 copy.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  104.6 KB - the awful thing is i cannot for the life of me remember why i chose to wear two watches that morning ii remember the time and place but not my reasoning -its not something i do although i do switch wrists often -any ideas might jog my memory , one is an omega BA and the other was the Ray Mears Citizen - i think i had been fishing early so would have used the citizen , maybe i didn't trust the log cabin with no door locks - its a mystery to me ! if you saw me it was an aboration honest [or whisky]
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

9. Likes DM71 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    .....and the top dog appears to be urinating on the other one lying down. Just sayin'....

he wouldn't dare pee on his sister ! me yes !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    I was pretty reckless back in the day, best not to review any pictures from that period
    More reckless than two watches at once? Say it ain't so!

Jeannie

12. Likes Bwana, shameless, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    i didn't think out the question guys -i was thinking watch related of course -but a good embarrassing story told against oneself would be quite acceptable
    Oh, I meant watches.

First time I tried to regulate an old watch, I carefully chose a wood toothpick to change the lever position. At the crucial moment of contact, an unexpected sneeze forced me to push the toothpick all the way into the hairspring spiral. Since then, never a watch ran so fast!

The embarrassing part: explaining what happened, to my watchmaker.

The conclusion: never attempt to regulate a watch when you're struggling against a pernicious cold.

Post scriptum: If any of you dare to tell this story, I will deny! Remember: no pics, it didn't happen!
    Last edited by CFR; Dec 24, 2014 at 02:11 AM.

14. Likes shameless, JAGtime, DM71 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    More reckless than two watches at once? Say it ain't so!

Jeannie
    Yes, a bit more reckless than that.

Ok, 1 embarrassing story,,,then off to bed you kids go ! Any more than one, and they will get much seedier from here out.

I owned a beautiful mint 69 Mustang Boss, with a souped up 429 engine...baddest muscle car around. It looked like this, I had wider tires...it was dark metal flake blue.
    Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 190
Size:  8.9 KB

It's 1975
    I'm cruising down the road, doing about 25 mph over the speed limit...and see a "fine" looking girl walking the other direction, on the opposite side of the road. She had long brown hair, and "fine" looking tight jeans I've probably got Led Zepplin Zozo Track #4 cranking at level 10...cruising by with my bad self

As I go by her, I turn my head to look this fine filly over...and she's got a full beard, it's a frigging DUDE as I turn around to look back out the windshield, there's a car DEAD stopped 30 feet in front of me. So, going about 50 mph, I crush the car in front me, fold my whole front end up...SMASH !!!

I get out of my car, rattled & bleeding but alive...the car I hit, and old lady with a brand new car(200 miles on it). I've got no car insurance(I know, I know), why ?...cuz I just don't care, money no problem,,,who needs insurance ?

As I'm checking on the elderly lady, the "chick" walks up, and stands there staring at me..."what's your problem man" ? he asks...I can't repeat our conversation

Soooo, what did we learn that day ?
    1) lost 1 mint 69 Mustang Boss
    2) lost 27k, new Cadillac Eldorado (paid cash to replace, 2 days later)
    3) don't judge a "fine" filly by her jeans
    4) took 4 house parties for me to quit questioning my sexuality

EDIT: Was this supposed to be about watches ?, I was wearing a Wenger military model
    Last edited by Bwana; Dec 24, 2014 at 02:43 AM.

^^^Daddy paid for your crashed car ? And the elderly lady's as well?

And she was a he. Must have been your lucky day.