Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everybody

Hello everybody

Hi All,

My name is, as you might guess, Martin. For those who do not know me from other fora, I'm 43 years old and a watch fan since I was 15. Back then it was more about styling, now the contents are of more importance. I'm love movements, and I have to admit I bought several watches just for the insides. The watches I love are in quite a wide spectrum, I own a lot of Chinese watches, in a very wide price range, but also Swiss brands like for example Omega, Enicar and Rolex. Another hobby is photography, so I like to combine both and make a lot of pictures from watches. Here's just a few examples from what I have stuffed in various drawers.

Best regards,

Martin
    Last edited by Martin; Nov 13, 2014 at 07:34 AM.

2. Likes jsw41, docvail, Rob, Recoil liked this post
    Man that Beijing anniversary...I've seen it in the metal (Bradjhomes') and its a stunner. Damn fine photography too.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Thanks Geoff. It indeed is incredible value for money. At some point the people at Beijing will discover that if they add a digit to the price, it still will be worth the money

Welcome, Martin; your watches and photography are superb. How do you get such accurate, sharp pics of the movement. My attempts with P&S usually turn out out-of-focus.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsw41 View Post
    Welcome, Martin; your watches and photography are superb. How do you get such accurate, sharp pics of the movement. My attempts with P&S usually turn out out-of-focus.

John
    Part one is getting the right Macro lens and external flash, part two is practice, practice, practice

7. Likes jsw41, OTGabe, Jeannie liked this post
    And a tripod, right?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

For the close-ups, yes. All the pictures from the opening post were taken without.

Welcome Martin. Interesting column wheel chronograph.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Welcome Martin. Interesting column wheel chronograph.
    Thanks!
    It's a SeaGull ST19, which is an improved version of the old Venus 175

It sometimes makes me sick that I backed out of the ST-5 project. Damn, those are stunning.