Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** what watch for the end of the year ****

**** what watch for the end of the year ****

So been thinking for the first time on what watch to wear for the end of the year and start of next never really thought about it much before it was just what ever was on .. but as I am going streamline in my collection am wondering if I should put more thought into it this time.

I mean this year I have been wearing less watches (as in choice of which one) and for a lot longer talking weeks at a time if not longer probably worn four in the last couple of months.

There might have been a swap out for pic's but then back on with my choice and the last couple of weeks it been a beat up pulsar diver, nothing special but it's comfortable don't mind doing that last minute bit's of diy without worrying about ding it, it's a tool watch and fit's my needs but deffo not glamorous no indeed not.

Don't know if to go IWL watch but as it's a normal day for me would be worried I could dink it so probably be one of my go to four dw9500,a promaster,pulsar or the 3133 as am willing to use them with out really worrying as you can see from the dinks and dents but they look good doing it, and was what they was made for (so one thing I realised this year final I'm a tool watch kinda guy ,well probably knew all along if I think about it )

My choices not got a pic of the pulsar weird as it is the most worn...

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes iyonk, popoki nui, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    That Retro Citizen diver is very charming.. I like the quirkiness so much..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    yes mate bought it as a none working repair lot took quiet a chance as was not cheap have paid a lot less for working watches .. had a right bugger to get the back off ..there was a good few scratches where other had tried think they had if anything tighten it

but final got it open swap out the battery and jump started it and away it went got a few minor dinks to the bezel insert edge and I gave it a good smack against a shelf but can't even see that one so good solid dive watch that can stand some punishment my type of watch
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes iyonk, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    so whats yours going to be then guys
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

I like that one. I think Strela wore a similar piece recently?

I'll probably wear my Black Bay for NY Eve as I'll be out and about with some friends.

-- Wayne

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    I like that one. I think Strela wore a similar piece recently?

I'll probably wear my Black Bay for NY Eve as I'll be out and about with some friends.

-- Wayne
    yeah it's an 80's Russian chronograph possible even 70's yes there a few case choices depend on model but the dial and movement are the same .. plus they get re-cases in to many other cases over the years when people damage the casing or do it for fun or being naughty some times this one is kosher for the time period and also is feature in juri's book so hard to spot the good one's some times
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes happyscrappyheropup, iyonk liked this post
    I'll probably be wearing the Ironman at the stroke of midnight as I usually wear it to bed. Chances are, I'll be asleep at the stroke of midnight.

-hayday

Name:  Ironman.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  45.1 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. Likes Samanator, is that my watch, mlcor, iyonk liked this post
    New years eve is always a work day for me to support the business right up to midnight. So I'm going simple and will probably do the Topper Nomos. I have something new that is suppose to arrive that day. We'll see how that works out and will post if it does indeed make it.

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

yeah think will probably just be the pulsar took off today to do some painting put an old mwc on for that but back to the diver for now
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    No idea. Don't know if we'll be going anywhere given my condition.