Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Tis the season... for micro adjustments

'Tis the season... for micro adjustments

I guess I've been enjoying the holiday "cheer" a bit too much, had to go out one of the micro adjustments on my GMT-II bracelet today (better slow down, at this point the next step is adding a link back in).

This got me thinking about micro adjustments in general. My GMT-II and my Sinn U1 have them (same style), but my Grand Seiko doesn't, just half links. While it's never been a problem, I do wish it had some.

I also realized that other than the newer Rolex and Tudor options, I'm really unaware of what else is out there. It's nothing I've ever really paid attention to. So, IWL community, what else ya got? Old, new, doesn't matter. Feel free to post pics and thoughts as well as any changes or additions you'd like to see.

Cheers.
    Chris:

Actually I would not call that a micro adjust on your Rolex. Those are basically half link movements. It would need holes in between each to be micro adjustments. The newer Sub has glide lock that adjusts in 1mm increments. The Grand Seiko Diver and the MM600 SD both have a similar bracelets that when released the secondary fold over clasp folded back allows 1mm adjustiments. The Omega Ploprof has a mech for 1mm adjustments as well as the new bracelet on the Mark Ii and the new Seamaster 300. Doxa has a 1mm micro adjust via push buttons on the clasp sides that was first on the 5000 and on a few others later like the 800ti. The slickest setup was on my GO seventies this had a push button that was the logo on the clasp that allowed 1mm adjustments in and out. Combined with the quarter turn cam for the bracelet pins you can change out links on both sides of the watch in about a minute. I'll post pic when I get home.

Rolex Glide lock inside clasp:

Here is the Seiko MM600 SD micro adjust system that is operated by the secondary clasp lock:

This picture of the clasp shows the micro adjust button on the Doxa:

There is a button inside this clasp to micro adjust the Ploprof bracelet:

The new Seamaster 300 and the Speedmaster Mark II use this button setup to micro adjust the bracelet(Mark II pictured):

Push on the logo on the GO Bracelet:

And it allows the clasp to side in and out on this mech (without taking it off the wrist):

Add that sizing is done by giving these cam screws a 1/4 turn:

And then push out the pin with a tooth pick:

You can pull a link out and have the watch back on the wrist in about 20 seconds so maxi and micro adjusts are a snap. Most GO bracelets are like this.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 26, 2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

3. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    My Favorite micro adjustment clasp

5. Likes bu11itt, marlowe55, -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Actually I would not call that a micro adjust on your Rolex. Those are basically half link movements...
    Good point. I guess I always just called them micro adjustments because they were on the clasp and didn't require adding/removing links to facilitate a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    My Favorite micro adjustment clasp
    I LOVE the Pelagos clasp/bracelet (the watch is really nice too). If it wouldn't be too much crossover between it and my Sinn U1 (finite funds drive a more "diverse"collection) I'd be more inclined to get one.
    Last edited by bu11itt; Dec 25, 2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Fixed a few space issues
    Chris:

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    Good point. I guess I always just called them micro adjustments because they were on the clasp and didn't require adding/removing links to facilitate a change.

I LOVE the Pelagos clasp/bracelet (the watch is really nice too). If it wouldn't be too much crossover between it and my Sinn U1 (finite funds drive a more "diverse"collection) I'd be more inclined to get one.

I like the Pelagos, but when the clasp pretty much covers the whole back of the wrist, its too big a clasp I think, and that picture shows it

8. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Strapcode makes bracelets with true micro adjustments, though probably not Rolex worthy.

I learned the hard way due to my small wrist that if a bracelet does not come with micro adjustments, it is something I will no longer buy.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

11. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    I like the Pelagos, but when the clasp pretty much covers the whole back of the wrist, its too big a clasp I think, and that picture shows it
    No doubt it's a large one. I've only ever tried it on at an AD so I really can't speak to living with it. The nerdy diver in me really geeks out over that spring loaded extension and that is the main reason I think it's so cool. Don't even know if it would really be practical in actual diving use. Either way, still an awesome watch.
    Chris:

I have, what I believe is a Strapcode bracelet that I ordered with my Helberg CH1. Nice, I like the jeweling on the machined parts of the clasp. The only complaint I have is, it can be a "Hair-Grabber", but I have this problem with a lot of them.

Sorry for the flash... it was late. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and an even better new Year!
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
    I have, what I believe is a Strapcode bracelet that I ordered with my Helberg CH1. Nice, I like the jeweling on the machined parts of the clasp. The only complaint I have is, it can be a "Hair-Grabber", but I have this problem with a lot of them.
    Never understood why some people have trouble with hair pulling ans some not, I always assumed it was amount of hair but I have know several folks less furry then me who have the issue with the same watches. Weird.

​Perlage
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978