Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Saying Goodbye: The TV Characters we lost in 2014

Blog Entries

Saying Goodbye: The TV Characters we lost in 2014

I've always found those obituary style video montages both touching and morbidShot after shot of the rich and famous (and even not so rich and famous) who died during the calendar year. Many died far too young and all were real people who should be mourned and remembered.

But here's a montage with all the drama and none of the grief. Because these people can always live again with a few clicks of mouse or remote.

Umm...contains spoilers. Obviously.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/23/tv...s-in-memoriam/

Jeannie

2. Likes wschofield3, Chase liked this post
    Interesting. Way more folks passed on TV than I thought.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Interesting. Way more folks passed on TV than I thought.
    Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, and Walking Dead are responsible for quite a few of them!

Jeannie

5. Likes Chase liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    But here's a montage
    no, this is a montage:

I can't read your link cos I don't like spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, and Walking Dead are responsible for quite a few of them!

Jeannie
    All three have/had no qualms about killing off main characters but somehow I expected SOA to be even worse this season, I expected a single "showdown" that would have buried them all.

While I am thinking about it anyone have an idea of what TV show figured out it was OK to kill off main characters and keep your audience at the same time? It used to be that was viewed as a ratings killer.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

Nucky Thompson didn't necessarily die, at least not according to the final episode.

Funny, I watch a TON of TV, and of all those listed here, the only one I regularly watched was HBO's Boardwalk Empire (series ended). Used to watch the Simpsons regularly, but not in some years.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!