Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizen Sunrise

Blog Entries

Citizen Sunrise

I'm liking the looks of this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251768537727...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yes, I like diamonds on watches. Sue me.

I haven't bought myself a new watch in a while so I'm thinking maybe it's time (no pun intended). But there are a lot of other things I should probably spend the money on instead. Guess you could say I'm on the fence.

So talk me into it. Or out of it if you'd prefer. Other suggestions welcome too.

I know when Citizen debuted this collection at Basel, there were some other models shown, but I can't seem to find the more brightly colored dials anywhere. Anyone know anything about them?

Also, feel free to educate me more on the eco-drive.

Jeannie

2. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    I'd struggle with the asymmetry of the '11' and '1' diamonds, but that's probably a man observation and completely beside the point!

Eco-drive just means solar power. The solar cells are in the dial but are effectively invisible. It's cleverly done, even if the implementation is somewhat taken for granted these days. It works reliably and well.

It's a pretty nice watch, actually, with a touch of style and originality. I'd want to see a real photo before buying.

4. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Yeah, that's a pretty nice watch. Also look through the Seiko Lukia collection - all have sapphire glass and diashield, and most are titanium. Mech or quartz, some are (international) radio-sync solar, others just solar. High quality watches.

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/lukia/lukia/lineup/

6. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The Seiko is a nice suggestion. This one reminds me of a Zenith a little bit:

http://www.amazon.com/SEIKO-SSVM001-...ds=seiko+lukia

It's mechanical too, which I'd prefer.

The asymmetrical diamonds don't bother me on the Citizen. I've seen an actual photograph of the watch in a magazine but I've never handled one. I might travel into town today and see if I can hunt one down.

Jeannie

I saw a variant of the Citizen in a shop window today. It was bi-metal with a champagne dial. It was bigger than I thought - it's not a dainty ladies watch, which I had somehow assumed it was. It's a good size. Quality looked good, from what you can see through a window. The steel and blue looks much nicer.

Citizen Sunrise

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I'm liking the looks of this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251768537727...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yes, I like diamonds on watches. Sue me.

I haven't bought myself a new watch in a while so I'm thinking maybe it's time (no pun intended). But there are a lot of other things I should probably spend the money on instead. Guess you could say I'm on the fence.

So talk me into it. Or out of it if you'd prefer. Other suggestions welcome too.

I know when Citizen debuted this collection at Basel, there were some other models shown, but I can't seem to find the more brightly colored dials anywhere. Anyone know anything about them?

Also, feel free to educate me more on the eco-drive.

Jeannie
    Nice blend of Chopard and Omega Ladymatic yet it has its only style. Citizen has eco drive running the gambit from a few hundred to over $5k(Campanola). As noted it is solar so no trips for batteries. Functions can go up to some serious complications.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 29, 2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Had a chance to see Seiko Lukia and the Citizen while I'm in Japan,most of the watches are so small to me (yes,might be my perspective,I was wearing a 44mm Pam and my mom was wearing a 42mm Pam when we saw these watches...)

I really like that, and agree it does have a Zenith quality about it.

"Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    I did find a Sunrise in town today. In fact, I found two. The SS and blue one pictured, and the TT with the yellowish shading--the one tribe called champagne, I think.

They are gorgeous watches, much prettier than their pictures. The dials are breathtaking--very feminine and dressy. But...(you knew there was a but, right?)...they wear smaller than I'd like. It's listed at 30 mm, but the extra piece on the case is part of that. The dial is smaller than is usual with a watch that size.

The diamonds in the "bezel" float. They slide around in the channel.

I think I will take a closer look at the Seikos.

Jeannie
    Last edited by Jeannie; Dec 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

I think that's a lovely watch for a woman. (Or for a womanly man. )

I googled it for better pics, and from what I could see, I would not hesitate to get one for my marginally better half, aka, da wife - especially since I recently "confiscated" most of her mechanicals. (They were just too much a bother for me to maintain them on her behalf, and she's just happier with quartz and solar powered - as long as it looks good, and is ready to go when she is.)