Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizen Sunrise

Blog Entries
    Liking this as well:

http://www.amazon.com/LUKIA-resistan...ds=seiko+lukia

Though all things being equal, I'd prefer an auto.

Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    I think that's a lovely watch for a woman. (Or for a womanly man. )

I googled it for better pics, and from what I could see, I would not hesitate to get one for my marginally better half, aka, da wife - especially since I recently "confiscated" most of her mechanicals. (They were just too much a bother for me to maintain them on her behalf, and she's just happier with quartz and solar powered - as long as it looks good, and is ready to go when she is.)
    They really are stunning. I'd be all over it if it were only 5mm bigger. Even though it's not mechanical. Unlike your wife, for me that is a drawback. I might still get it, but the size will take some thought.

Jeannie
    Last edited by Jeannie; Dec 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I think I will take a closer look at the Seikos.

Jeannie
    Good idea!

For the girl with everything, I highly recommend the Credor GTTE564. Solid 18K gold, mother of pearl, surrounded by 1.4 karats of diamonds, and featuring a micro-engraved rose motif by Shiojima Toshihiko-san in mammoth ivory.

EDIT: Yours for only $45,000!
    Last edited by Domo; Dec 27, 2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Missed a small detail..

4. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    premature curmudgeon ken_sturrock's Avatar
    I think the Sunrise is cool. As for the Eco-Drive, well, it's a great technology and it's what Citizen is famous for making. I wouldn't discriminate against it.

Blog Entries

I'm surprised to find myself thinking I prefer it with diamonds...

The blue and steel Citizen is my favourite of the watches mentioned so far. I thought it was 'upper medium' for a woman's watch, so I don't think it would look small on you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I'm surprised to find myself thinking I prefer it with diamonds...

The blue and steel Citizen is my favourite of the watches mentioned so far. I thought it was 'upper medium' for a woman's watch, so I don't think it would look small on you.
    I like I better with diamonds too. I'm going to take another look at it today.

It has been a long time since I bought myself a watch so two isn't outside the realm of possibility. I was a very good girl this year.

In the meantime, I picked up the Seiko automatic with the display back and escapement window. I know some find the escapement windows gimmicky, but they don't bother me. It reminds me of the Zenith Baby Dolls, watches I love but cannot afford.

Did you notice the name of the eBay seller's store. ILW Distributors. Maybe that's a sign...

Jeannie
    Last edited by Jeannie; Dec 28, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

9. Likes Domo, Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I like I better with diamonds too. I'm going to take another look at it today.

It has been a long time since I bought myself a watch so two isn't outside the realm of possibility. I was a very good girl this year.

In the meantime, I picked up the Seiko automatic with the display back and escapement window. I know some find the escapement windows gimmicky, but they don't bother me. It reminds me of the Zenith Baby Dolls, watches I love but cannot afford.

Did you notice the name of the eBay seller's store. ILW Distributors. Maybe that's a sign...

Jeannie
    Nice choice!

I'm glad to see it has the 4R38. You'll appreciate the hacking/handwinding/general feeling it's not a movement from 1955. Now that you're getting a Lukia, you might want to watch this....

Just FYI, Lukiabear lives in Minato, his (he's a boy) favourite foods are "al dente pasta and strawberry shortcake", his favourite time of day is 10:08:42 and his dream in life is "to enter into your pocket"

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the suggestion. The Lukia ticks a different box for me from the Citizen, which I suspect I'll end up with too as a primarily dress watch. It's been awhile since I owned a Seiko and I think it's good I have remedied the lack.

Jeannie

12. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    premature curmudgeon ken_sturrock's Avatar
    You'd still buy a Lukia despite the pink bear commercial?