Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confession of a Spring Drive Lover

Hybrid View

Confession of a Spring Drive Lover

So the topic should be clear. I love Seiko and Grand Seiko Spring Drive watches. I've owned a MM600 SD GMT since 2007 and had a Ti Grand Seiko diver for 5.5 years. I choose to keep the MM600 and trade the GSD a few years ago. I though Seiko would create something to replace theMM600 when the SD Tuna came out but the lack of proper SD hands killed it for me. Feel I need a new SD sport watch but don't see anything recent. Any suggestions?
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Grand Seiko SBGA081

Spring Drive, Titanium, solid caseback

Name:  sbga081.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  76.5 KB

Confession of a Spring a Drive Lover

Not a sport watch...Too dressy. If a Rolex Milgauss or Omega AT have been found to not be sporty enough for me then this is even further away. Now put some bigger lumed markers and matching hands on this with maybe a GMT function and we would be closer.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 27, 2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Grand Seiko's best sport watch is definitely the SBGE001/015/021/029. Much, much nicer than the SBGA029.

If I ever get a GS, it's THIS ONE.
    Name:  Hory Shet.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  19.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Grand Seiko's best sport watch is definitely the SBGE001/015/021/029. Much, much nicer than the SBGA029.

6. Likes Seriously, -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    If I ever get a GS, it's THIS ONE.
    Name:  Hory Shet.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  19.7 KB
    I, actually, know this guy!

I regards to the topic, have you considered their ProspeX series?
    Last edited by BlackNomad; Jan 4, 2015 at 04:43 PM.

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNomad View Post
    I, actually, know this guy!

I regards to the topic, have you considered their ProspeX series?
    Yes this was discussed earlier in the thread.
    Cheers,

Michael

Grand Seiko's best sport watch is definitely the SBGE001/015/021/029.
    Excellent suggestion. That is on my hit list for 2015.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

premature curmudgeon ken_sturrock's Avatar
    How about a SD Land Master? I know that they are huge and, in illustrations, the dial looks like it was drawn with a luminescent crayon. Yet, in the real-world pictures I've seen, it looks great. I also think that it is a bonus that the watch doesn't have the compass bezel markings found on the other Land Masters but it does have a 24 hour hand and the funky bullhead crown gives it a kind of Space Walk vibe. Another cool thing is that they "flipped/rotated" the ever-present wind indicator to the other side of the face so that the needle is "up" when it is fully wound. The price, while expensive, isn't too too outrageous for a Spring Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by ken_sturrock View Post
    How about a SD Land Master? I know that they are huge and, in illustrations, the dial looks like it was drawn with a luminescent crayon. Yet, in the real-world pictures I've seen, it looks great. I also think that it is a bonus that the watch doesn't have the compass bezel markings found on the other Land Masters but it does have a 24 hour hand and the funky bullhead crown gives it a kind of Space Walk vibe. Another cool thing is that they "flipped/rotated" the ever-present wind indicator to the other side of the face so that the needle is "up" when it is fully wound. The price, while expensive, isn't too too outrageous for a Spring Drive.
    If they would put the proper SD capped hands on that I would be all over it. That Seiko chose to exclude this SD signature feature from those and the SD Tuna was a huge mistake. I hate when manufacturers create artificial downgrades.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 29, 2014 at 04:18 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael