Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tried on a Cartier MC Tank today

Tried on a Cartier MC Tank today

Picture below is from the net. I don't own any rectangular watches, but this one had caught my eye in pictures. Beautiful dial, Cartier's first in house movement. So I was out and near a dealer, and tried one on. It fit me like a glove, perfect size, the curve of the case hugged my wrist, and made it seem even thinner than it is (which is pretty thin at 9.5mm). Fit and finish were superlative. It has now moved up to third or fourth on the "want" list...

Name:  Cartier MC Tank.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  155.0 KB
    Last edited by mlcor; Dec 28, 2014 at 01:27 AM.

2. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime liked this post
    Nobody shapes metal like Cartier.

My Santos is a very large watch, but it is still curved and quite thin, considering its style, and beautifully made.

Rick "Cartier rarely misses" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Picture below is from the net. I don't own any rectangular watches, but this one had caught my eye in pictures. Beautiful dial, Cartier's first in house movement. So I was out and near a dealer, and tried one on. It fit me like a glove, perfect size, the curve of the case hugged my wrist, and made it seem even thinner that it is (which is pretty thin at 9.5mm). Fit and finish were superlative. It has now moved up to third or fourth on the "want" list...

Name:  Cartier MC Tank.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  155.0 KB
    I am with you on this. If not because I already own a Reverso, this would have made its way into my collection.

By the way, if you are considering a rectangular watch, give the GP 1945 a look. There are a few options there - small sec, big date with moonphase, chrono )my least preferred though).

5. Likes Domo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    I am with you on this. If not because I already own a Reverso, this would have made its way into my collection.

By the way, if you are considering a rectangular watch, give the GP 1945 a look. There are a few options there - small sec, big date with moonphase, chrono )my least preferred though).
    I actually looked at a couple of the GP 1945s a few weeks back. I liked the big date OK, but not as much as the Cartier, even though it costs twice as much. I thought the GP 1945 skeleton was pretty cool, but too difficult to read for my (practical) tastes. The way they do the big date with two overlapping wheels, one translucent, is quite innovative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    That's the fun part of this hobby.....we keep searching for the one that really appeals, and put them onto our "list", and continue our pursuit. Good luck, and have fun!

Cartier Tank is a gorgeous watch indeed.

Only a WIS has a list 3 - 4 (or more) deep. Great choice, it'll be a nice addition . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Only a WIS has a list 3 - 4 (or more) deep. Great choice, it'll be a nice addition . . .
    Nice pics! Do I spy a Porsche gearshift in the last one?

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Nice pics! Do I spy a Porsche gearshift in the last one?

Thx! Keen powers of observation sir, that it is . . .

13. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Thx! Keen powers of observation sir, that it is . . .
    Well, I have to confess it looks familiar since I own one, too.

15. Likes uchinanchu liked this post