Likes Likes:  66
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas pressies

Christmas pressies

What did people get then?

I got a vacuum coffee pot, new wallet, monogrammed shirt, scotch, some books, and a Swiss army knife - my first knife really. I'm already scoping out my next...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime, muddy250 liked this post
    When I moved into my flat I couldn't find a little table of the right dimensions for the phone and wifi router to sit on in the hallway, nor did I find a bedside table I liked, so my parents had a local carpenter make two little oak tables to my exact measurements. I'm delighted with them

4. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime, muddy250 liked this post
    I know I'm going to regret writing this after the mockfest of drinking cocoa, but eldest son bought me a lovely pair of sheepskin slippers. Snuggly toes.

6. Likes Der Amf, muddy250 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I know I'm going to regret writing this after the mockfest of drinking cocoa, but eldest son bought me a lovely pair of sheepskin slippers. Snuggly toes.
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    What did people get then?

I got a vacuum coffee pot, new wallet, monogrammed shirt, scotch, some books, and a Swiss army knife - my first knife really. I'm already scoping out my next...
    careful Geoff -one addiction is quite enough -knives can become quite compulsive to collect believe me !!! merry xmas buddy

9. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    careful Geoff -one addiction is quite enough -knives can become quite compulsive to collect believe me !!! merry xmas buddy
    I agree, it's a very deep water hobby...and lots to learn also.

11. Likes shameless liked this post
    Pics
    Here you go:

I think you will agree that is a lot of fluffy in one place

13. Likes geoffbot, muddy250 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    I know but you can get a decent knife for £100 or so, a watch, not so much! I've done lots of reading today...

I know but you can get a decent knife for £100 or so, a watch, not so much! I've done lots of reading today...

Link to pic of knife?

Wife got me a Vitamix blender. My old blender had been going for many years and wouldn't die, so I couldn't justify the Vitamix. Now one of my daughters has my old blender.
    Last edited by happyscrappyheropup; Dec 28, 2014 at 10:46 PM.

16. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    few years ago i had two historical knives coming from USA -paid a thousand for the both - got a letter from HM Customs to say they had been seized and were more or less destined for the oven- they were or so they told me ! even went to court over them to no avail -you can't beat HMC -broke my heart and changed my way of trading overseas on such items - i had done all the background on them -traced the original owner from WW2 - that was about the same time Ebay banned the sale of edged weapons