I added a lot of watches in 2014; eight in all. The majority of these additions were vintage pieces, and only one was a gift. Here is the month by month breakdown:

January: 1967 Zenith Calibre 2531. I have long lusted after Zenith, particularly the Captain series, but couldn't justify the price tag at this point in time so I did the next best thing. I went vintage. I love everything about this watch: the size, the small seconds hand, the grey-tan color of the dial, the Zenith star. It's really a great little watch that looks great in pretty well any setting.

Name:  Zenith.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  27.7 KB

February: 1955 Hamilton Powell. I don't wear it terribly often as it is a little too dressy for my personality. Still, the vintage bug had bitten me hard and was demanding an American-made Hamilton. I believe there are few things in the watch world as beautiful as the Hamilton Jazzmaster series, and the same can be said of the American-made Hamiltons of the 1940s and 1950s. This watch is the picture definition of elegant simplicity in a dress watch. Lemme know if you're in the market for an American-made Hamilton and I'l hook you up with Dan the Hamilton restoration demi-god. Special hat tip to Imitation of Life for helping me with my quest; I wouldn't have gotten over my disdain of yellow gold without you.

Name:  Hamilton2.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  unnamed-6.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  61.9 KB

March: Seiko SKX009. This is technically another vintage as it is from 1984; at least that's what the eBay vendor told me. Like most of us, I really like the look of a Pepsi-bezeled dive watch and plan on gifting myself a birth year GMT Master II when I turn 50 (holy shit, that's in five years?) To whet my appetite, I went with the only other Pepsi-bezel dive watch in its league: the Seiko SKX.

Name:  SeikoSKX3.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  65.7 KB

April: Melbourne Flinders. I fell in love with this watch when I first saw it, and I kick myself everyday for not getting it at its kickstarter price. It is the most expensive of all the watches I got this year, though it still falls solidly in the "affordables" category. This watch is about as perfect as a watch can be. I gave myself this watch when I got a new job (i'm a high school special education teacher) and I wear it often.

Name:  Flinders.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  37.6 KB

June: 1972 Timex diver. I will defend Timex against any and all detractors, and I believe their divers from the 1960s and 1970s are among the best there ever will be. Ok, that may be a stretch, but, still, how do you not love these awesome little divers. It is tiny and doesn't get the wrist time it should, but I always enjoy wearing the little bugger.

Name:  Timex.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  40.8 KB

July: After adding four watches in four months, I took of a month off. I had to make up for lost time and got two watches this month. The first was truly special: a birth year Mickey Mouse watch. It took me about a coupla months of research and sales forum patrolling to find the right one, but finally-o-finally I found it, "it" being a 1970 Ingersoll/Timex Mickey Mouse. Purely a fun piece, I only wear it every coupla months and keep it for the sentimentality.

Name:  Mickey Mouse.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  45.8 KB

The second watch was also a diver and another Seiko. This time an old Seiko 7002 that I had modded. I love snowflake hands but couldn't find a Tudor Sub for a price I was willing to pay so I went the other route and got a Seiko on the cheap and modded it. Snowflake hands, new dial and blue/black bezel compliments of Dagaz, and awesome workmanship by Duarte at Northeast Watch Works.

Name:  snowflake2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  57.9 KB

December: Seiko 5 World Timer. World timers usually turn me off, but Popuki posted hers and it became one of only two that I actually like; Frederique Constant makes the other. I put this, and a few other things, on my Amazon wish list after the wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I was not expecting it and was quite surprised by it. Damn glad I included it, and everything about this watch is understated greatness.

Name:  Seiko5.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  45.4 KB

What does 2015 hold in store? Dunno, but I do know that I won't be adding as many pieces as I did in 2014. I will definitely get a Scuba Dude, I may finally get the Oris Artelier Regulateur I first fell in love with two years ago, and the Gavox Legacy keeps whispering sweet nuthins in my ear.

Name:  ScubaDude.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  56.3 KB

Stay tuned, and thank you again for all of your help, advice, enabling and camaraderie.

-hayday