Likes Likes:  28
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stowa 90th anniversary watches

I should have it before Christmas. My experience with Stowa has been 24 hours to my door. Germany to Wisconsin is 24 hours is amazing, but that's how it's always been with Stowa

Well, that's something at least. I suspect being a Stowa, it'll be worth the wait in the end.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

3. Likes Larry liked this post
    I'm on the list to perhaps receive one of these too. Who knows, but it does reign in my watch buying until I know for sure.

5. Likes Henry Krinkle, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I'm on the list to perhaps receive one of these too. Who knows, but it does reign in my watch buying until I know for sure.

The steel version of the Black Forest looks great. I was one of the lucky ones to actually receive the DLC version. It is one of the few black watches I actually like. Will the steel version have the black movement or will it be a standard movement?

I'm not positive, But I think it's supposed to have the black movement. If I recall, they stopped making the DLC version do to quality issues? They made more in the steel, but sold out quickly. They announced a couple months ago that they can produce a few more and would be sold on a lottery system. I have no guarantee, but I put my name on the list. Maybe I'll get lucky.

8. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Hopefully it comes with the black movement. It is very cool looking. Do you know if they ever released the numbers sold? They started having trouble early on with the DLC coating. Mine has held up quite well. It’s over three years old and there are just a couple tiny spots where the coating is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Hopefully it comes with the black movement. It is very cool looking. Do you know if they ever released the numbers sold? They started having trouble early on with the DLC coating. Mine has held up quite well. It’s over three years old and there are just a couple tiny spots where the coating is gone.
    If they did release number sold, I'm not aware of it.